New wildfire server

I am trying to setup a wildfire server on a Windows XP Pro SP2 box.

I have opened up ports 5222-5223 TCP & 5269 TCP allowing both incoming and outgoing on the firewall, as well as directed those ports to the internal IP of the wildfire box.

Problem is that when trying to connect from outside the network I can not connect to the server.

Any help on this is much appreciated

Hi,

this is usually not a Wildfire problem.

Are you using a DNS name as xmpp.domain (e.g. jabber.org)?

Can you connect to Wildfire using its IP address?

Or does “Problem is that when trying to connect from outside the network I can not connect to the server.” mean that it works fine in your LAN but you have problems when you’'re in another LAN or internet?

LG

I can connect fine on the LAN.

The problem is when I am in another LAN or the internet

hit wrong button

Hi,

so I assume you have a DNS name which is resolvable by public like “jabber.org”. Does your Windows XP server has a public IP address or are you using NAT?

Do you see any error messages in the log files when you try to connect and are you sure that the ports are reachable from the internet?

Does “telnet your-jabber-servername.com 5222” create a connection?

LG

I am using the DYNU service which gave me a domain name like “jabber.dynu.com”. My XP box is behind a router/firewall so the only thing that I have setup is the local IP address.

Do I have the correct ports open on the firewall to get to the server from outside my LAN?

I will have to try to telnet when I get home server is off right now.

Hi,

Do I have the correct ports open on the firewall to get to the server from outside my LAN?” is the question I’'d like to ask you. You must configure your router/firewall to forward port 5222 to your local IP address.

If you want to use old SSL you also need port 5223, for the file transfer proxy port 7777 and if you want to make the admin interface public then port 9091 (or port 9090 if you don’'t like encrypted HTTP connections) must be opened/forwarded.

LG