Nightly build installation failed

I’‘m trying to get the HTTP binding working. I’‘ve read it is in the nightly build, so i downloaded the lastest build. 3.2.0 - 1/07/07 It’'s a zip file. There are two exe files in it and one bat file. No setup.exe or msi file.

The installation guide says “Run the Wildfire installer.”

What am i missing? What do i do with this zip file?

Steve

Hi,

the nightly builds are only provided as zip files, so there is no installer. For me the file is not broken and it contains all the well-known Wildfire directories and files.

LG

great, i’‘m glad it’‘s not broken. Can you shed some light on the steps i need to take to upgrade? I’'ve tried just copy/pasting all the files over the 3.1.1 version and when i try and run the admin i get an HTTP500 error.

Did i make a mistake? Am i not supposed to overwrite the existing files?

Steve

I made minor progress, i think i just found a bug in the build. Where do post the bug? Here are the steps i took:

1. I downloaded the 1/07 build.

2. I unzipped it over the 3.1.1 files in program files/wildfire

3. I started the wildfire.exe

4. i loaded up the url: http://localhost:9090/setup (that finally loaded for me)

5. I got to the database settings screen without error

6. I created an empty sql server database named “wildfire” on my local machine

7. I typed in the url: jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost/wildfire;appName=jive in the Database URL input

8. i even used the sa password

9. i got this error when i hit contiue:

HTTP ERROR: 500

$Proxy0

RequestURI=/setup/setup-datasource-standard.jsp

Caused by:

java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy0

at org.jivesoftware.database.ConnectionWrapper.setConnection(ConnectionWrapper.jav a:67)

at org.jivesoftware.database.ConnectionWrapper.(ConnectionWrapper.java:54)

at org.jivesoftware.database.ConnectionPool.createCon(ConnectionPool.java:468)

at org.jivesoftware.database.ConnectionPool.(ConnectionPool.java:85)

at org.jivesoftware.database.DefaultConnectionProvider.start(DefaultConnectionProv ider.java:83)

at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.setConnectionProvider(DbConnectio nManager.java:459)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.admin.setup.setup_002ddatasource_002dstandard_jsp._js pService(setup_002ddatasource_002dstandard_jsp.java:202)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:459)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1049)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1040)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:65)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1040)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:41)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:69)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:98)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:352)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:230)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:627)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:391)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:141)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:303)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:452)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:735 )

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:636)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:349)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:320)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:475)