powered by Jive Software

No chat function after trying "disable chat history"?

Returned from vacation to discover that our group is now using Spark 2.6.3 for internal IMs. Worked fine for me until I tried “disable chat history” in the General Chat Settings for my preferences. Thought this would automatically remove chat history since I couldn’t find a place to manually delete.

Once I clicked to Apply and Save, I lost the ability to chat with the users in my group. Tried restarting my PC. Still broken.

When I click on a member of our group, it puts an additional item in my tray with their name, but I can’t send or receive messages. Tried removing the “disable chat history,” but no change. Tried rebooting PC to fully restart Spark. Still no change.

When I try “Start a chat” under Actions, it now asks me to provide an address for that person’s account. It guesses the address; I click “Ok,” but nothing happens.

Our computers are set to auto-load this application upon Start/Boot. We fixed this by manually logging out, then manually logging back in. Seems to be working ok now.