No chat history on users from different servers

Hi!
I have 2 Openfire servers 4.7.4 connected. Spark 3.0.0 dont save chat history on 2 users from 2 diferent servers.
problem seems to be Spark 3.0.0, on 2.9.4 version history is saved.

Hello.

Same issue here: Openfire 4.7.4 with new Spark 3.0.0.

History is saved in the .xml files in the user’s profile, but it’s not shown in the chat history window ( “There is no previous conversation history for this user”).

I haven’t this issue with Spark 3.0.0-beta.

Thanks.
Kind regards.

maybe there are special characters or spaces in the login. Please send username and log.

Hello.

The usernames are FG001, FG002, FG003, FG004, …

No issues with Spark 3.0.0-beta and previous versions.

Thanks.
Kind regards.

so that I can understand what the problem is, send me a log file from the spark profile.

By the way, if you right-click on the chats and select “View Log” - history window appears?

Thank you ilyaHlevnoy!

Yes, with the right-click the history window appears, but it’s different than the classic one (and the new one is also case-sensitive in the search).

Every time I open the history windows with the “classic” button , I receive this error (in the example the user is Maria Rossi with username FG006):

AVVERTENZA: Unable to get Last Activity from: Maria Rossi
org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException: No response received within reply timeout. Timeout was 10000ms (~10s). StanzaCollector has been cancelled. Waited for response using: IQReplyFilter: iqAndIdFilter (AndFilter: (OrFilter: (IQTypeFilter: type=error, IQTypeFilter: type=result), StanzaIdFilter: id=DRGBE-330)), : fromFilter (OrFilter: (FromMatchesFilter (full): fg006@gty.local/Spark 3.0.0-beta)).
at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException.newWith(SmackException.java:124)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException.newWith(SmackException.java:104)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.StanzaCollector.nextResultOrThrow(StanzaCollector.java:281)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.StanzaCollector.nextResultOrThrow(StanzaCollector.java:228)
at org.jivesoftware.smackx.iqlast.LastActivityManager.getLastActivity(LastActivityManager.java:240)
at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ContactInfoWindow.customizeUI(ContactInfoWindow.java:241)
at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ContactInfoWindow.setContactItem(ContactInfoWindow.java:325)
at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ContactInfoWindow.display(ContactInfoWindow.java:184)
at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ContactGroup$4.construct(ContactGroup.java:1055)
at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker.lambda$new$0(SwingWorker.java:139)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Please note that Maria Rossi still have Spark 3.0.0-beta, while I have Spark 3.0.0.

Thanks.
Kind regards.

Hi again.

My personal opinion: the new history window (with the right-click) is wonderful (but replacing case-sensitive search with NON case-sensitive one).

Thanks.
Kind regards.

Hi ilyaHlevnoy!

Was my log useful to understand the issue of Spark 3.0.0 about empty chat history window?

Thanks.
Kind regards.

Unfortunately no. Can you send me the full log?

Hello.

Do you need Errors.log and Warn.log in “logs” folder, correct?

Thanks.
Kind regards.

Yes

Hello.

Please view the attached logs.

warn.log.0 (60.7 KB)
errors.log.0 (42.9 KB)

Thanks.
Kind regards.

No, not appear on right click. Appear ONLY old messages from version 2.9.4 or 3.0.0 beta.
I make an short video capture with version 2.9.4 and history fail on version 3.0.0: user DC is on first server and Administrator on another server

Hi dcrst.

In my case I also have all the new messages (3.0.0) on right click, but nothing in the “classic” history window.

Thanks.
Best.

I think I figured out what the bug is…
I understand correctly that you have 2 different servers?
Do you use one domain or several?
Tell me more.

yes, you are right. I have 2 servers on 2 different location and each has its domain.

Please try using the nightly build of Spark.

Hi.

I have installed the latest nightly build, but I have the same two issues:

• history is saved in the .xml files in the user’s profile, but it’s not shown in the “classic” chat history window ( “There is no previous conversation history for this user”);
  • the history window appears with the right-click, but the search is case-sensitive.

Thanks.
Kind regards.

Hi, my fix should fix the @dcrst bug.

Unfortunately, I do not understand why history is not saved in you.
Are you running one Openfire server or multiple?
Send me a screenshot of this user from Openfire.
Regarding the second issue, yes I agree, it’s case sensitive. I opened a ticket for this.

https://igniterealtime.atlassian.net/browse/SPARK-2314