No *.jar package for extension?

Isnt it a little weird Jive don’'t provide messenger *.jar package for server extension but do provide smack for client. Then how do you guys make your extension? while if this message goes against LGPL, anyone concerned can remove it without approval.

I’‘m not quite sure I understand what you’‘re asking. There is a Jive Messenger source release at http://www.jivesoftware.org/source.jsp. It includes build scripts, etc. If you need to modify core Jive Messenger code, that’‘s what you’'d use. If you just need to create plugins, the binary release also has all the tools necessary to do that. Is that what you were asking?

Regards,

Matt

Sorry for submitting twice, but I can’'t find a “del” button.

Thank matt for the guidance.

My intention is to customize the jive messenger to develop a slightly different server, not to plainly add a plugin. So a jivemessenger.jar probably suits my need. Is there any doc elaborating how to make the source code into an executable server? Maybe a snippet can explain more clearly. Thanks again for the wonderful and simple architecture of the package, and I am eagerly waiting for your reply.

My intention is to customize the jive messenger to develop a slightly

different server

Ok, sounds good. Of course, I’'m sure you realize that any server customizations must also be released as Open Source under the GPL license.

Is there any doc elaborating how to make the

source code into an executable server?

We don’‘t currently have source release documentation, although we’‘d like to add that in the near future. If you’‘re familiar with Ant, it’'s pretty easy, though. You can use the Ant script to build “ant jar” or compile plugins “ant plugins”, etc. Try “ant -projecthelp” to get a list of build targets.

Please let me know if you need additional details.

Regards,

Matt

Deeply grateful to matt, who has done so wonderful a masterpiece, I have gone through the source code and start off to scratch another server. Sure I will comply with the GPL. Thanks very much.