powered by Jive Software

"no response from server" joining conference in Spark for only one user

OpenFire Server: 4.6.4 / CentOS
Spark: 2.9.4 / Win 10

Hi, all, have seen other posts on this subject but if a solution is present, must have missed it.

Issue is affecting only one user. Have tried logging to problem account in from another machine, same issue.

It only affects conference rooms, not regular chat.

Server logs do not appear to show anything related.

In Spark with debug enabled at login, “All Packets” log on problem user and a randomly selected non-affected user appear identical (user info sanitized, tag brackets stripped as they prevented info from appearing, URL’s munged as system prevented them from appearing).

To:
xmlns=“jabber:client” to="<ROOM @ IP>" id="" type=“get”
query xmlns=“http ://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info”
iq

From:
iq xmlns=“jabber:client” to=“USER@IP/Spark 2.9.4” from=“CONFERENCE_ROOM@IP” id="" type=“result”
query xmlns=“http :/jabber.org/protocol/disco#info”
identity category=“conference” name="<CONFERENCE_ROOM_TITLE>" type=“text”
identity category=“directory” name=“Public Chatroom Search” type=“chatroom”
feature var=“http ://jabber.org/protocol/muc”
feature var=“http ://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info”
feature var=“http ://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items”
feature var=“jabber:iq:search”
feature var=“https ://xmlns.zombofant.net/muclumbus/search/1.0”
feature var=“http ://jabber.org/protocol/rsm”
feature var=“urn:xmpp:mam:0”
feature var=“urn:xmpp:mam:1”
feature var=“urn:xmpp:mam:2”
query
iq

So, even though the error message is “no response from server”, the logs do indicate a response occurred.

Would prefer not to delete and re-add user from the server. Am hoping it’s something in the OF database that got out of whack but not sure where to look (this user has been in the system since 2013, but other, non-affected users also go that far back).

Any insight would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Bump.

1 Like

We are having the same issues after upgrading our workstations to 2.9.4. Only a few users and a few different groups, their other groups work just fine. If I figure anything out, I’ll reply here.

Thanks, will keep playing with it, maybe try earlier versions of Spark. If I discover anything will post here…

Hello,

A Lot of people on my side were also having this issue. I found that it is due to them editing their first and last name under their spark console or adding Special characters. Once it pinged back to my server it didn’t match any user under my server so server would give a no response error. Once we corrected to original first and last name server responded fine.

Good catch. User had edited their profile and there was a space after the first name.

All good now. Thanks for the tip! Hopefully others facing the same problem will run across this thread.