powered by Jive Software

No response from server while createNode and getNode

I am trying to get the node (in android and using asmack library ) and trying to publish some content over that node , but unfortunately when node = **(LeafNode) mgr.getNode(nodeNameTxt.getText().toString());** line gets executed i am getting following error

No response from server.: at org.jivesoftware.smackx.pubsub.packet.SyncPacketSend.getReply(SyncPacketSend.java:50) at org.jivesoftware.smackx.pubsub.packet.SyncPacketSend.getReply(SyncPacketSend.java:61) at org.jivesoftware.smackx.pubsub.PubSubManager.getNode(PubSubManager.java:161) at com.bcl.NodeManager.publishNode(NodeManager.java:176) at com.bcl.NodeManager.access$1(NodeManager.java:167) at com.bcl.NodeManager$2.run(NodeManager.java:101) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1019)

**When i try to publish

// for privacy reasons i am using pubusb.example.com in place of real name

` PubSubManager mgr = new PubSubManager(xmpp,“pubsub.example.com”);
// Get the node
LeafNode node;

try {
        //HERE I AM GETTING THE ERROR
    node = (LeafNode) mgr.getNode(nodeNameTxt.getText().toString());
    node.send(new PayloadItem("test" + System.currentTimeMillis(),
               new SimplePayload("book", "pubsub:test:book", "")));
} catch (XMPPException e) {
            // TODO Auto-generated catch block
            e.printStackTrace();
}`

**and when i try to create node **

createLeaf = mgr.createNode(nodeNameTxt.getText().toString());

can anyone pleae help me over this as m stuck here since long

Does anyone has any idea why i am getting this error ? as this stop is still alive m still stuck in there

Try turning on the debug window and see if you are getting a reply, but it is just too late.

I would also try it in a java app (instead of Android) first to eliminate one variable, if possible, remove Bosh to eliminate another.

I tried to look in a debug window but i do get response form server only after the **No response from server.: ** exception raised and there for getNode or createNode doesn’t get executed successfully.

i am using BOSH connection to my server as follows thats why i used BOSH

BOSHConfiguration bconfig = new

BOSHConfiguration(false, “example.com”, 80, “/xmpp-http-bind/”, “example.com”);

Well, you can try increasing the default timeout so the call will block longer before reporting this error. It looks like BOSH is causing your timeout issues.

If you can test it with and without BOSH that would confirm if delays are being caused by the BOSH implementation that will require a longer timeout period.