No Spark Access?

In the company I work for, I have admin rights to the administration console portal, but I am unable to login, I have not changed my credentials, and many employees within my company are complaining that they are not able to log in with their spark credentials. Can you please tell me what is causing this issue? Is it because of the new openfire beta that just came out that may be causing the issue?

New Openfire versions are not installing on their own. Someone (administrator) has to download and install it. If you have Openfire 4.0.0 Beta installed on top of your older version, then it might be the cause, because currently upgrade process is not working correctly (hence the “Beta” label). If your Openfire hasn’t been updated, then maybe you should try restarting it.

I have not updated anything related to openfire… my OpenFire administration console is version 3.9.3. I am not able to login through the program itself or am I able to access the administration console, but I do have an administrator account with openfire. I was able to access the portal this morning with no issues. The problems were coming in basically at 1:30 p.m. I have many people within the office that tell me they are unable to login into spark with their credentials, with a message saying "Invalid Username and Password. I am getting this same message with the program as well as this message in OpenFire Administration Console, “Login failed: make sure your username and password are correct and that you’re an admin or moderator.”

Can’t help any further. It is not possible to guess what have happened based on the information you provided. As i said, you can try restarting Openfire or the whole server it is running on, if you can (or ask the one, who can do it). Or you can also change error logs, etc.

What are the steps to take to restart Openfire?

Well, just restarting it Depends on the operating system. Ideally it should be running as a service. So on Windows you should go to services.msc and restart the Openfire service. On Linux is varies depending on the distribution and i can’t give exact instructions. Maybe it is easier to just reboot the whole server, if it is not serving some other critical services.

You can’t restart Openfire from the Admin Console.