Node cannot be larger than 1023 bytes

I am getting " Node cannot be larger than 1023 bytes" (exact message below). This is keeping the presence and roster from working. Where is my problem?

2007.02.05 09:46:19 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.handleIQ(IQRosterHandler.java: 119) Internal server error

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal JID: -

fax.nsmcmil@a

at java.lang.Throwable.(Roster.java:110)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.roster.RosterManager.getRoster(RosterManager.java:94)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.User.getRoster(User.java:289)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.manageRoster(IQRosterHandler. java:187)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.handleIQ(IQRosterHandler.java :104)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:48)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:300)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:104)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:283)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler .java:75)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:248)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:147)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:124)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:703)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:62)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:186)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :250)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:305)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 665)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:799)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Node cannot be larger than 1023 bytes. Size is 1830 bytes.

at org.xmpp.packet.JID.init(JID.java:355)

Hi,

jabber allows 1023 bytes for the node identifier, the domain identifier and the resource identifier:

node@domain/resource

= 10231102311023 bytes

= 3071 bytes it the max. length of a JID.

Maybe someone tries to add an invalid JID to her roster.

LG

The jabber id dosnt look that big.

p2zhf@linux/Gaim

2007.02.05 10:16:21 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateHa ndler.java:140) Internal server error. Triggered by packet:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal JID: -

fax.nsmcmil@linux

So I thought more about what you said, and went and looked at the ID’'s. They are being pulled from LDAP, and some were quite large. So I limited the LDAP search to get rid of the big UIDs and that corrected the problem.

Thanks,

Hi,

which Wildfire version are you using?

LG

Hi,

forget about the version you are using, JM-852 is a known problem which I did report four month ago and it’'s still open.

LG