None of my users can connect after 3.4.0 or 3.4.1 upgrade

As the title says…

Upgraded to 3.4.0, users can’t connect. I figured it was a bug in 3.4.0 when I glanced and saw 3.4.1 had been released while I was at work, so I downloaded and ran that one. Same issue.

Any ideas?

Spark 2.5.7 is the client myself and my wife are using. Rest of the users are mixed.

can you provide the server OS, database info, and if there is anything in the logs of the server?

If I were to guess it is a corrupt user manager plugin. Delete that plugin with the server off then reinstall it when you restart the server.

Server 2003, MySQL 5…

Ok, what is the User Manager plugin?

This is my last log entry:

2007.11.01 20:45:20 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.exceptionCaught(ConnectionHandle r.java:109)

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.Session, but class was expected

at org.jivesoftware.phone.xmpp.PresenceLayerer.sessionCreated(PresenceLayerer.java :229)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.event.SessionEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(SessionEve ntDispatcher.java:62)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionManager.addSession(SessionManager.java:519)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalClientSession.setAuthToken(LocalClientSe ssion.java:510)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQBindHandler.handleIQ(IQBindHandler.java:131 )

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:48)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:348)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:100)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:303)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler .java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:268)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:167)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:132)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:570)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:58)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:162)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :240)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:284)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It seems like you are using one of the plugins that is incompatible with Openfire 3.4. Based on the stack trace it I would say that you are using the asterisk-im plugin whose current version is not compatible with Openfire 3.4. You will have to wait for the next version of the plugin to use it with Openfire 3.4.

Remove the asterisk-im plugin and try again. It might be possible that you need to restart the server after removing the plugin. If users cannot log in after removing that plugin keep removing the other plugins until you detect the ones that are not compatible with Openfire 3.4. Known plugins that are not compatible are: Red5, Message of the Day, Packet Filter and Asterisk-IM.

Regards,

– Gato

Plase try the attached snapshot version of Asterisk-IM.

If that solves the problem we can release an update that is compatible with 3.4.1 shortly.

Thanks,

Stefan

Wow…

I remove the old plugin, and my server starts working. Then I start contemplating life without my favorite plugin. I flip back here and see the plugin you posted. Tried it, and BAM, we’re BACK UP!

Server works, I can initiate calls with Spark… Looks like a winner to me.

Thanks!

Danny Messano