Norman patch and Openfire and other questions

1.The question to developers - whether is planned integration of a Norman patch in Openfire server?

1. Whether more friendly interface for setting options to work with Active Directory is planned? I wish to specify BaseDN not hands, only click in a tree of the domain

2. When filter Active Directory by default will cease to choose registration records of computers?

3. Openfire Search Plugin - need customized output fields, for example as in ejabberd.

These basic problem questions on other forums

Hi,

@1) No idea what you mean with “Norman patch”.

@2) No, if you need an LDAP browser you may use one, but specifying a baseDN manually is much faster (and much more easy to implement) than browing a gui.

@3) no idea

@4) Yeah, it does. I’‘m sure that Ryan knows about this but it’‘s currently hard to change it as the vCard fields are not stored in the database, so one would need to parse the vCard and write the contents in the database before there’'s something to search for. Unless a special LDAP version will be created.

LG

1. No idea what you mean with “Norman patch”.

http://norman.rasmussen.co.za/dl/sasl-sspi/

“This package enables NTLM support in Wildfire 3.0+ for Windows.”

OpenfireNormanPandion = IM server in windows based corporate networks

1. No, if you need an LDAP browser you may use one, but specifying a baseDN manually is much faster (and much more easy to implement) than browing a gui.

There are which users wish to use OpenFire, but do not know that such LDAP and as with it to work

Hey LG,

it2000 wrote:

@4) Yeah, it does. I’‘m sure that Ryan knows about this but it’‘s currently hard to change it as the vCard fields are not stored in the database, so one would need to parse the vCard and write the contents in the database before there’'s something to search for. Unless a special LDAP version will be created.

Yup, you’'re right, I do know about this.

Having the ability to search on vCard data has been on my search plugin todo list for a long time. Indexing and searching vCard data when it’‘s stored in the database would be pretty straight forward using Lucene. LDAP vCard searching would be a bit more tricky since the searches would have to constructed based on the mappings between LDAP and vCard fields in the wildfire.xml file. In either case, it’‘s certainly possible but it’'s just a matter of finding the time to work on it.

Cheers,

Ryan

Hey victorae,

We are now working on adding Single Sign On to Spark-Openfire using GSSAPI. GSSAPI work was done by Jay Kline and afaik Norman’‘s code is reusing Jay’‘s code to implement NTLM. Once GSSAPI is an “official” feature I think that we could go to the next step and make Norman’‘s code also an official feature. Anyway, I don’'t have any specific roadmap for this to happen.

Regards,

– Gato

Once GSSAPI is an “official” feature I think that we could go to the next step and make Norman’‘s code also an >official feature. Anyway, I don’'t have any specific roadmap for this to happen.

Ok, we shall wait

Hi,

these user may want to use Softerra’‘s LDAP Browser http://www.ldapbrowser.com/ and enjoy browsing the LDAP tree, it’'s a much better experience than a setup GUI will be able to give.

LG