Not able to login to admin console! Please help me

When I go to it just stays stuck loading and then after about 5 minutes or more displays a page that says “Java.lang.outOfMemoryError: Java Heap Space.” I’ve tried it recently and now it doesn’t display anything, it just stays loading. I’ve restarted the openfire service on my CentOS server several times with the same output. I’ve also tried to increase the memory of the /etc/sysconfig/openfire file and still nothing. I’ve even cleared my browser cache. The browser seems like it’s fetching the page but is just stuck. Please help as it is very frustrating.

OK so I ended up restarting my server and got the admin console up and running, but it seems to think i’m setting it up again. I went through the installation process but I seem to come across an error when I get to Database Settings. I select Embedded Database option and click continue then I receive

“The Openfire database schema does not appear to be installed. Follow the installation guide to fix this error.”

I look in my /opt/openfire/embedded-db and all I see is openfire.script,

It looks like I’m missing openfire.log. When I type #locate openfire.log the output is /opt/openfire/embedded-db

What is going on? Did the server restart erase the .log file? Is that why i’m unable to use Embedded Database option for setup again? Someone please help a frustrated newbie.

This is my error log:

2011.07.21 17:56:13 Access is denied: Session is closed

java.sql.SQLException: Access is denied: Session is closed

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.executeQuery(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcDatabaseMetaData.execute(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcDatabaseMetaData.getDatabaseProductName(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ProxyDatabaseMetaData.intercept(ProxyDatabaseMetaDat

at $java.sql.Wrapper$$EnhancerByProxool$$ac36ae3a.getDatabaseProductName()

at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.setMetaData(DbConnectionManager.j ava:825)

at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.setConnectionProvider(DbConnectio

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.setup_002ddatasource_002dsettings_jsp._js pService(setup_002ddatasource_002dsettin

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1216)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage( 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1187)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1187)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1187)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1187)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1187)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(

I finally solved the problem! I ended up editing the file and changed the value:




Once I reloaded the page it went back to the login screen! I entered my login info and it kept all the old settings still there. I quickly applied the xmpp.pep.enabled “false” and all is well.

I just hope it stays that way.