Not all messages/broadcasts received?

Problem: Randomly, some people here do not receive im’s or broadcasts and I’m not sure why. We are using openfire as the server and spark as the client. I have looked all over openfire settings but nothing helped. Do I need to put spark in the exceptions for the firewall? open some ports? Please help me.

If people get some of the messages, then this is not a firewall issue. What are the memory status on the main Admin Console screen? I mean “Java memory” value.

Java Version:
1.6.0_03 Sun Microsystems Inc. – Java HotSpot™ Server VM
Appserver:
jetty-6.1.x
Host Name:
Serve
OS / Hardware:
Windows XP / x86
Locale / Timezone:
en / Pacific Standard Time (-8 GMT)
Java Memory

24.91 MB of 63.31 MB (39.3%) used

Maybe this is not an issue with the server after all. Could be Spark issue. Maybe messages are coming, but Spark is not showing them for some reason. Hard to investigate. You can try cleaning the profile on this problematic clients (C:\Documents and Settings\User\Spark ) and see if that helps. Also, you can check Openfire errors log.

Hi,

do you have access to %USERPROFILE%\Spark\user\JID\transcripts ? There you may be able to look for “lost” messages.

Spark had (and maybe still has) an issue with offline messages which it would not display. So I wonder whether the messages are lost while one is online.

LG

here is the error log… not sure what to make of it…

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:239)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:216)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2009.05.29 17:03:38 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PresenceManagerImpl.userUnavailable(PresenceMana gerImpl.java:271)
] Error storing offline presence of user: trinnchristine
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Duplicate entry ‘trinnchristine’ for key 1
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:931)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2985)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1631)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1723)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:3283)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:1332)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.execute(PreparedStatement.java:882)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor12.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ProxyStatement.invoke(ProxyStatement.java:100)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ProxyStatement.intercept(ProxyStatement.java:57)
at $java.sql.Statement$$EnhancerByProxool$$c5239ebf.execute()
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PresenceManagerImpl.userUnavailable(PresenceManag erImpl.java:268)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:145)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:112)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:176)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:134)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:70)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:76)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionManager$ClientSessionListener.onConnectionClos e(SessionManager.java:1133)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.NIOConnection.notifyCloseListeners(NIOConnection. java:202)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.NIOConnection.close(NIOConnection.java:185)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.sessionClosed(ConnectionHandler .java:87)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.sessionClosed(A bstractIoFilterChain.java:550)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextSessionClosed(Abst ractIoFilterChain.java:269)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$800(AbstractIoFilte rChain.java:53)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.sessionClosed( AbstractIoFilterChain.java:633)
at org.apache.mina.common.IoFilterAdapter.sessionClosed(IoFilterAdapter.java:65)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextSessionClosed(Abst ractIoFilterChain.java:269)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$800(AbstractIoFilte rChain.java:53)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.sessionClosed( AbstractIoFilterChain.java:633)
at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.sessionClosed(ProtocolCodecFil ter.java:259)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :249)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:283)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I have no problem finding the lost message’s. I’m just trying to completely stop messages from not being delivered.

What LG is suggesting is to check the local transcript file (xml) of the contact whos message is not delivered. Because maybe it was delivered and stored in the transcript, but Spark just didnt show this. We need this to clarify the issue a bit. Btw, there are two transcript files for every contact. I think you should look into contact@server_current

the path C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Spark\user\your_user@server\transcripts