powered by Jive Software

NullPointerException- RoomInfo

Hi,

I am getting the following exception when try to join the public conference. But the conference has been created in the server(i can see it in openfire admin console). Please help me to fix this issue

Exception occurred during event dispatching:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.RoomInfo.(RoomInfo.java:93)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat.getRoomInfo(MultiUserChat.java:208)

Thanks

I am using openfire 3.7 and smack 3.1.0. openfire running on another machine.

You are seeing SMACK-163, which was fixed in version 3.2.0. You need to upgrade Smack (3.2.2 is the latest).

Thanks for your reply. Once i upgrade to Smack 3.2.2 i got following exception

Exception occurred during event dispatching:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “Mobile App Issues_false”

at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:449)

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:499)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.RoomInfo.(RoomInfo.java:99)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat.getRoomInfo(MultiUserChat.java:238)

Looks like you are getting bad data from the server. The field being parsed should be the **muc#roominfo_occupants **which has a numerical value.

Can you run it with debug enabled to see the content of the stanza?

This is what i recived from Openfire

<feature var="[http://jabber.org/protocol/muc](http://jabber.org/protocol/muc)"/>
<feature var="[http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info](http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info)"/>
    <value>[http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#roominfo](http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#roominfo)</value>

mobile_app_project_1336574825722#false

Mobile APP Project_false

1

20120510T04:40:33

Well, that looks wrong. There should only be a single value, which is the number of room occupants. It kinda looks like that string should be the roominfo_description field. I don’t know why it is failing, as this is something that would get fairly well exercised by users in general.

I am wondering if maybe the #false in the room name is causing some grief while parsing in openfire.

Eventhough i removed, i got the same result.