Been fighting this today. It could be MSN’‘s issue i guess, but that doesn’'t help me
I had wildfire 3.2 today, and then upgraded to openfire 3.2.2 and then installed IM gateware beta 5 from this forum. All with same result, connection only worked once.
Basically, when i log in into my account (tried Psi, Spark and Exodus, but it shouldn’‘t matter, right…), the connection to MSN server is initiated (by the way it goes to 126.96.36.199 for me, although 188.8.131.52 i put into config, i guess there’'s some sort of redirect there). The connection stays, but nothing is returned to the client - the transport icon stays off. Then connection dies after a while - timeout, i guess. All this monitored using Active Ports monitoring software.
Tried turning on debug info - nothing useful there. There’'s literally no information being exchanged, in the debug log. Only my own presence changes.
Tried watching my own MSN account from another one - the user never comes online.
Finally, tried logging into the MSN using messenger - that works fine. When i log in from Openfire, MSN says i have logged from another machine!
So my theory is that IM-Gateway sends login info to MSN server, but gets nothing in return, or doesn’‘t get what’‘s expected. There’‘s no way for me to figure out what’'s going on, as nothing shows up in the logs… so in the end of the day i decided to post here.