OF 3.10.0+OpenFire Meeting+Candy

Hi all,

going forward on testing this new great plugin, i am facing the following issue;

when i try to access to candy ( so https://ip_openfire_Server:7443/ofmeet/candy.hmtl ) i can see anything on web page and into logs i see the following error:

2014.12.05 10:48:02 org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.DNSUtil - Can’t process DNS lookup!

javax.naming.CommunicationException: DNS error [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out]; remaining name ‘_xmpp-server._tcp.workgroup.openfire’

** at com.sun.jndi.dns.DnsClient.query(DnsClient.java:307)**

** at com.sun.jndi.dns.Resolver.query(Resolver.java:81)**

** at com.sun.jndi.dns.DnsContext.c_getAttributes(DnsContext.java:430)**

** at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_getAttributes(ComponentDirContex t.java:231)**

** at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(PartialCompos iteDirContext.java:139)**

** at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(PartialCompos iteDirContext.java:127)**

** at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.getAttributes(InitialDirContext.java:1 42)**

** at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.DNSUtil.srvLookup(DNSUtil.java:192)**

** at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.DNSUtil.resolveXMPPDomain(DNSUtil.java:124)**

** at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSess ion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:218)**

** at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain (LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:161)**

** at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:262)**

** at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:239)**

** at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)**

** at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)**

** at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)**

Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out

** at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive0(Native Method)**

** at java.net.AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive(AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImp l.java:146)**

** at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(DatagramSocket.java:816)**

** at com.sun.jndi.dns.DnsClient.doUdpQuery(DnsClient.java:416)**

** at com.sun.jndi.dns.DnsClient.query(DnsClient.java:210)**

** … 15 more **

I see there is a problem regarding DNS lookup. I can’t understand about what .

Any help?

Regards

I agree same issue here.

i agree i have ofmeet working fine but candy is not working

i only see a grey screen from cany theme

you need the openfire clientcontrol plugin to create group chat room bookmarks. Otherwise, read candy documentation and modify the index.html page to use a list of specific chat rooms.

ah ok

candy is still only chatroom oriented and is not used a standard webclient with video.

in parallel to ofmeet which is just perfectly awesome

if was just looking for a normal webclient with video

maybe those would be good solution as openfire plugins :

https://conversejs.org/

other solutions are listed here :

http://bookmark.wikilink.cc/?searchtags=xmpp+web

i am not a robot

if there is a problem with one of my links please IM me and do not ban me

Candy has a plugin for openfire meetings (webcam icon on toolbar) and allows you to have a video conference in the active room. It also has a plugin for Fastpath. If you want a standard XMPP client with Jingle peer-to-peer video, then try Jappix.

Hello Dele, I’m newbie with this technology and I’m learning a lot reading posts. I have same issue with candy that Antonio had. I have installed clientcontrol plugin and I have created a create group chat room bookmarks. When I go to http://serverip:7070/ofmeet/candy.html the screen is still empty.

Maybe I have made a mistake creating the chat room:

any help would be appreciated!

thanks in advance

Group Chat Name
Group Chat Address
Users
Groups
Auto-Join
Options
candy
test@192.168.110.178
All
All

Edit Bookmark Delete Bookmark

don’t use an IP address as your domain name. Use a proper DNS name like mycompany.lan or mycompany.com

plugin 0.0.2 worked fine

0.0.5 and 0.0.6 after upload will screw up the config of OF

the plug in does not install properly and top right menu says “plugin.title”

then inside lots of ??? but no config page of the plugin

need to reinstall OF 3.10 ???

try re-installing by stopping opnfire, deleting the ofmeet folder/jar file, copy the new jar file and restart openfire