Offline users shows as online

Users, which lost connection because of network problems or notebook users close lid still online for server and other users

Hi Croko,

Do you mean other clients are not seeing when a user goes offline? If so, which client(s) are you using? Which version of Messenger? Are you seeing any messages in the error logs?

Thanks,

Ryan

Yes, you are right. Messenger version is 2.2.0, client is PSI for mac osx.

In admin panel’'s client session the user still online after disconnect. In Adium (mac osx) it online too.

Yes, you are right. Messenger version is 2.2.0, client is PSI for mac osx.

In admin panel’'s client session the user still online after disconnect. In Adium (mac osx) it online too.

Hi Croko,

I’‘m seeing slightly different behavior than you are. If I close the lid on my PowerBook while using Psi 0.9.3 Messenger does not appear to be notified that the client has gone offline. But, when I close the lid when using Adium 0.82 Messenger is notified that it has gone offline. I tried the same procedure using Fire 1.5.3 and it also notified Messenger when I closed the lid. So, it sounds like the issue might be related to Psi rather than Messenger; OSX has a kind of “close lid event” that applications can listen for which Mac-centric clients like Adium and Fire know how to handle but cross-platform clients like Psi probably don’‘t listen for. However, I’'m not sure why you are seeing different results. Which version of Adium are you using?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi, ryang,

Adium works fine, I wrote offline Psi user still seeing online in Adium.

And in jabberd 1.4 I don’'t have this problem. Is it only Psi issue?

Hi Croko,

Is it only Psi issue?

It could be, but there have been a number of reports of people having problems with Messenger not detecting presence changes, so it’‘s hard to say for sure. I haven’‘t seen the problem myself, other than with Psi on the Mac, which is making it difficult to find out where the problem is. I’'ll keep looking and report back if I find anything.

Thanks,

Ryan