OfMeet in use

Latest OfMeet changes are excellent and it seems to just work - Thanks for disabling analytics and also minimizing branding, which saves doing it manually, and for implementing the optional Welcome page.

Questions about practical use:

User login is an essential facility but on occasion - what is the best method for offering a single common password or user/password for several users including non-registered guests? Is it to create a guest username/password and then pre-share it, with multiple users logging in under that? It’s not a problem, I just wonder if I am using the settings correctly.

Is it possible to include the Chrome desk sharing extension internally eg. within the plugin folder, and default to or else optionally download it from there?

Similar question regarding pdf and/or file sharing - can there be a folder internally for this? Or is it only a separate third party service? - How does it work?

Latest OfMeet changes are excellent and it seems to just work - Thanks for disabling analytics and also minimizing branding, which saves doing it manually, and for implementing the optional Welcome page.

Thanks for the kind words :slight_smile:

what is the best method for offering a single common password or user/password for several users including non-registered guests? Is it to create a guest username/password and then pre-share it, with multiple users logging in under that?

Yes. That is what I would recomend. The Jitsi Meet web client ignores the xmpp user name and uses a nickname stored in the browser local storage. All users can share the same xmpp name (guest for example), but will have unique xmpp resource ids which are used to join the chat rooms

Is it possible to include the Chrome desk sharing extension internally eg. within the plugin folder, and default to or else optionally download it from there?

Yes, but only if all your users have the developer’s version of the chrome browser and you modify the javascript to set the extension id to the value generated when the extension is installed. It is the main reason why I had to create one in the chrome app store.

Similar question regarding pdf and/or file sharing - can there be a folder internally for this? Or is it only a separate third party service? - How does it work?

Yes. It works simply by saving a PDF from any MS Office product or otherwise on a web server folder and providing the URL to all room/conference participants. You can use a folder on your openfire server via jetty or an external server. The choice is yours. You must also find a way to pass the URL to all users. The recommended approach is to use the openfire clientcontrol plugin. It allows you to create a URL that is pushed to all users, groups of users or specific users. Openfire Meetings supports this. The list of pdf urls appears as a drop-down list.