On-access virus scanning

I’'m not sure if this is the proper place to post this, if its not can a mod please move it to the proper forum?

I’‘m currently running a wildfire server on a gentoo machine, and I’'m looking for a way to do virus checking on the traffic going through. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Any and all suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks!!

ps: I have posted a similar thread in the gentoo forums about this already and no one has replied so i figured i’'d try here

Hey berckoi,

Hygiene for IM is usually a commercial feature. We are adding it to the Enterprise edition but meanwhile you may want to give it a try to Facetime. Akonix integration is not official yet. Both products act as a proxy on top of Openfire (formerly Wildfire) that will monitor IM traffic.

Regards,

– Gato

Thanks Gato,

I’'ll pass that information by my boss and see what he thinks.

If anyone else knows of a free solution please let me know!

/bump

I’'ll mark this solved if no one else has any suggestions

Hygiene for IM is usually a commercial feature. We are adding it to the Enterprise edition but meanwhile you

may want to give it a try to Facetime. Akonix integration is not official yet. Both products act as a proxy on

top of Openfire (formerly Wildfire) that will monitor IM traffic.

Does this imply you are working to make Akonix integration official? Akonix continues to tell us that Openfire will not work with L7 and they won’'t support Open Source jabber servers.

The only hack we came up with to make it work was to trick L7 into thinking Openfire was a Google Talk server and then turn off all security

thanks,

daryl

Hey daryl,

I know that we have been in contact the last weeks in order to make the support official. I haven’'t been following the topic since then so not sure when it is going to become a reality. I would say the more people provide feedback to Akonix about this requested integration then the fastest this could become a reality.

Regards,

– Gato