Online Jabber Users

All,

Is there a way to allow my user base to see who has signed up for a jabber account? I’‘m using LDAP as my authentication mechanism (if that’'s important).

-Steve

If you mean users already created on server, maybe you should check the Shared Groups feature. You can put all to groups and they will see each other, and then you can manually add new users to groups.

If you are talking about new signing users (if inband registration is enabled), then you maybe be interested in Registration Plugin. So every new user can be automaticly put to some group. So you can share that group to all users and they will see if someone new sign up. http://www.jivesoftware.org/messenger/plugins/registration/readme.html

If you are talking about new signing users (if inband registration is enabled), then you

maybe be interested in Registration Plugin.

Actually, with an LDAP installation users can’‘t create new accounts so the plugin wouldn’'t be much use.

-Ryan

i dont know much about LDAP

i dont know much about LDAP

I’'m learning more everyday.

Just so you know (and anyone else listening) if you have a Messenger installation that uses LDAP there are certain things users can’'t do, such as, create new accounts, delete accouts, change passwords, names or email address.

-Ryan

If you mean users already created on server, maybe you should check the Shared Groups

feature. You can put all to groups and they will see each other, and then you can

manually add new users to groups.

I got this setup and it’‘s not a bad way to specify which users are online. I see in the Shared Group setup you can setup a user to be an Admin… what’'s the benefit of this? Can they add users to this group, and if so - how?