Online status indicator

I see JM-234 was implimented in JM2.2.0B2 can anyone supply a quick URL how-to and if users have the option to enable/disable?

Thanks

Peter

Hi Peter,

JM-234 was actually implemented as a plugin and is very well documented on the plugin page in the Admin Console; go to Server -> Server Manager -> Plugins and then next to the “Presence Service” entry click on the little icon that looks like a sheet of paper with an ‘‘i’’ on it for instuctions on how to use it.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Ok now I’'m confused…

I have a nightly of 2.2.0 B2 and I dont see it anywhere…

Its listed in my changelog.html but the plugins folder and the admin only has the plugins that I installed…

Should I try another nightly or grab the B2 rollup?

Thanks

Peter

Hi Peter,

Looks like the plugin is currently only available if you build it yourself from source. Since it’‘s pretty small, I’'m going to go ahead and attach it to this post so you can try it out until Messenger 2.2 is released and the plugin is added to the plugin download page.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Aug 3, 2005 - Removed plugin attachment

Awesome,

Thanks Ryan, I’'ll pull it down tonite.

Peter

i dont understand how to use it. Can you give me some real life example? Cause now i’‘m trying to get presence status of a user following readme file, but i’'m getting nothing.

The last time I tested this, this is what I did…

Open a new browser window,

Enter the url: http://your-host:9090/plugins/presence/status?jid=jid@your-host

For example: http://foo.bar:9090/plugins/presence/status?jid=john@foo.bar

The image should display in your browser.

hey, i did the same and the page was blank. Maybe my installation is missing images. Where should they be?

JM 2.2.0 beta 2

Mozilla Firefox 1.0.6

Windows 2000

Hi Wroot,

Check to see how the Presence Service is configured, Admin Console -> Server -> Server Settings. The url that you use to get a users presence will vary depending on how the service is configured and if you have permission to see the others presence. Details on how the plugin works can be found in the “Presence Plugin Readme”.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

That’'s great! This plugin works for me without any problems. Adding this feature to my site and jabber scripts…

i need to sleep sometimes

i was going to check server settings for Online Presence, but then i started to read plugin’‘s readme and trying examples, and have totally forgotten to check settings. Well, i’'ll check it this evening again. Thanx.