Open Archive: Server side message archive with support for XEP-0136

Hi, Could you please tell me how scalable this plugin will be?.If i have around 20000 connections to my XMPP server, ll this plugin could store all the messages?

Hi,

Can any one tell me how can we implement XEP-0136 at client hand.

In simple way any one can post the code for “XEP-0136 compliant Jabber clients” implementation.

Thanks,

Sumeet Guha.

I’d like to contribute code for replication support.

I’d be happy to work against the trunk of your Subversion repo, but it seems to be down (I’m accessing http://svn.reucon.net/repos/openfire/plugins/archive/). Any chance that the code has moved to a different repo or does SVN just need to be kicked?

Thanks!

-Taylor

I use this plugin and would be interested in your replication contribution. If we don’t get a response back from Stefan (the author), then i suggest we fork a new project on code.google.com and add the contribution to it

The code has been moved to github: https://github.com/srt/openarchive

Feel free to fork it and contribute!

= Stefan

Excellent! I’m on it.

Hi

I’m successfully added the Open Archive plugin to Open Fire server. And it can already archive the messages. But my problem is I cannot retreive the archived messages. I send the following iq stanza :

and it return with an error which is “503”. I’m using strophe.js in my web application.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

hello, thanks for the plugin it works fine.

But, i have an issue. When i try to define default modes and preferences or methods, i always have for response.

I think this is because support doesn’t implement yet… i’m right??

if i’m not, i want to know if anyone can help me with my issues, i use openfire 3.7.1 and Archive-1.0.6. my aplication was made with Strophe and it wasn’t easy to implement that plugin, but i think i made it right hehe…

sorry for the english, i’m mexican.

@@Stefan Reuter

Hi Stefan,

At another thread you changed the license of the Open Archive plugin to be Apache.

Currently, having stated that Open Archive is GPL at the top of this page, is a major blocker for us using the merged Monitoring/Archiving plugin.

Can you please clarify the issue and modify the original post - so that it clearly states that the plugin is now under Apache license?

Best regards,

Avner

Hi,

I have Openfire version 3.8.2

I have downloaded plugin from https://nexus.reucon.com/content/repositories/opensource-snapshots/com/reucon/op enfire/plugins/archive/1.0.6-SNAPSHOT/archive-1.0.6-20110831.171942-1.jar and activated it.

It has problems with translation:

1. Left menu links on Server Settings looks like:

archive-plugin-problem-2013-07-12-1.png

1. Archive plugin settings:

archive-plugin-problem-2013-07-12-2.png

1. Search Archive plugin:

Can I fix it somehow?

Do you use it on Linux? any chance you named the jar file with caps in the name? This was happening to some other plugin on Linux when i was naming the file like Jingle-nodes and it was ok when it was jingle-nodes.

Why would you worry about that old plugin? Monitoring 1.3.2-beta in OF 3.8.2 has all your screenshots functionality implemented and it works.