Open-Even-More-Fire 3.5.1 Released!

Yes. I have already tried that. Wonder is it possible to disable all the texts of that bot? So just opening the chat window and typing something would start queue. And what about staying in that same chat window, or maybe another chat window, not a group chat?

you should add a function to the monitoring plugin which allows the user to delete all archived data in order to free disk space.

The archiving feature was done mainly for auditing purposes. Audited information should not be deleted but instead moved to another place to store it. Anyway, if you want to delete “old” archived data we can provide you some SQL statements. The info is store in 2-3 tables so should be quite easy to delete.

– Gato

How about statistics data? Is it saved in database too? How can i clear it?

dombiak_gaston, will Monitoring support XEP-0136 ?,

Hi Gato,

would be nice if you could provide us with the necessary statements.

But as wroot asked the same question, there is maybe really demand for adding a feature/function which allows the user the remove this data from the gui.

best,

Mark

Hey wroot,

For statistics we are using RRD. An RRD database uses Round Robin and they never grow. The size of their file (stored in our case in the db) is always the same. IIRC, they were about 16K each.

– Gato

Hey Ivan,

will Monitoring support XEP-0136 ?,

We are not currently planning to use that XEP for the message archiving feature. If you want to use that XEP then you can use an existing plugin that implements it for Openfire.

If someone is interested in wrapping our existing archiving feature using XEP-136 let me know and we can help you in that initiative.

– Gato

I would love to take a look at that code and see if I can get a version up and running with terracotta…

Anyone know how to add a workgroup jid (support@workgroup.example.com) to a group that users and groups are controlled by LDAP, specifically Active Directory?

Is there another post somewhere outlining the timeframes? I am very interested in trying out the client management, which is “coming soon”…

Hey Jeffrey,

We are done with clustering and a new version of monitoring. I will try to release them today. Client management is the last feature to open source and it is coming next. Part of the work has been done so we might release it next week.

– Gato

Wow. great work. This is a great product and I look forward to deploying it in our organization (100 corporate users, ~200 external users)…

Jeff

team,

i hv two concerns:

1. enterprise edition says 5 days for the license to expire

2. sparkweb still has not been released as a “product”. waiting for it to be out. when can be expect the same

SparkWeb was released on April 28th: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1515

Does the message archiving also use Round Robin storage? The reason I ask is that we need to keep a specific amount of days in archive for security requirements.

Message archiving is not using RRD. AFAIK, RRDs are not good for this case but for cases like taking samples and storing them.

– Gato

Good. Can you tell me if there is any type of retention setting for the message archiving or if it keeps it forever?

Nathan

Hey Nathan,

Currently message archiving does not provide a way to clean up old history. It was implemented with auditing in mind so the idea is to keep track of all the information that was said. DB administrators are expected to move old information to permanent storage.

Regards,

– Gato

Hi Gato - you seemed to indicate above that a release with opensource clustering might be available soon? Is that right? (I know there are issues with licensing for the current clustering functions) We don’t have an existing Enterprise licence, but we are very interested in the clustered solution. How can we get it?

regards,

Kieran.