Open Fire Configuration Issues

Hello,

I have just installed OpenFire on Windows XP Workstation. I have the Active Directory on the server. I am trying to get the Configuration Setup and it is not working. Attached is few info. Please help.

The problem is that under my Active Directory, I have users in multiple OU.

Example:

XYZ

XYZ1

XYZ2

ABC

ABC1

ABC2

123a

123b

Server

Server1

Thanks

remove the spaces from your baseDN and do not use the domain Administrator account for the bind ID it is not secure by any means at this point.

I did removed the space and change from domain admin to another account. I still get same error in step2. No users were found using the specified configuration.

One thing I know is that i have dc=domain,dc-com under Base DN: But as I told earlier my account name is located under

XYZ, and then under XYZ1. But that is only few users over there. I have users in all different OU and sub OUs under them.

can you send screen captures of your AD Users and Computers MMC tree, the real setup info for each step in the Openfire config, etc to my email at: service at innersanctumcomputing dot net?

It would be much easier to diagnose this issue with valid data. The data will remain secure.

Hi,

I don’t know what “XYZ” does mean for you - as far as I can tell it is not a DN. You may want to post a DN here, or try to change the base DN to “dc=com”, so the whole AD will be searched for users.

LG