Open fire server error explanation?

My server (MS Server 2012 R2) running Openfire 4.1.3 is getting this error. I know it has to do with the database but everything seems to be working fine with all the clients and no one has reported an issue.

We are reorganizing AD because we are currently expanding and adding a new site so we had to change Base DN to the ROOT of our AD so when Users are moved they don’t loose connection. This is the error I get when I open open fire on the server. If any one could explain to me what is going on I would greatly appreciate it.

1. javal.rror startigan the server. Please check the log fielgns for more information.
    .IllegalArgumentException: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: Database lock acquisition failure: lockFile: org.hsqldb.persist.LockFile@14d37306[file =D:\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false, ] method: checkHeartbeat read: 2017-05-10 12:42:25 heartbeat - read: -9671 ms.

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:700)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:423)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:163)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:105)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:56)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(LauncherEngine.java:65)

at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(WinLauncher.java:101)

at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.WinLauncher.main(WinLauncher.java:26)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: Database lock acquisition failure: lockFile: org.hsqldb.persist.LockFile@14d37306[file =D:\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false, ] method: checkHeartbeat read: 2017-05-10 12:42:25 heartbeat - read: -9671 ms.

Thank you.

Is another instance of Openfire running or a previous one crashed and left a lock file?