OpenArchive plugin weirdness

I installed openarchive 1.0.4 on my openfire 3.4.1 install using the plugin webpage upload util. It installed the plugin but it’s reading as coming off my laptop with the C:\documents and settings path attached to it, I’ve uninstalled it via the admin utility but after logging out of the admin page and jumping back in. The openarchive plugin still thinks it’s installed, the directory in the plugins folder doesn’t exist, and the jar file isn’t on the server anymore either. i’ve restarted the openfire process as well.

Any ideas on how I can remove this so I can upload the jar file and get it installed correctly?

Are there any hints in the logs?

2007.12.03 08:59:02 org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleUtils.getLocalizedString(LocaleUtils.java:435)

java.util.MissingResourceException: Can’t find bundle for base name c:\documents and settings\frank.lawler\desktop\dns hotfix\archive-1.0.4_i18n, locale en

at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(Unknown Source)

at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleUtils.getLocalizedString(LocaleUtils.java:431)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleUtils.getLocalizedString(LocaleUtils.java:398)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AdminConsole.getAdminText(AdminConsole.java:221)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.SidebarTag.doEndTag(SidebarTag.java:212)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.decorators.main_jsp._jspx_meth_admin_sidebar_0( main_jsp.java:316)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.decorators.main_jsp._jspService(main_jsp.java:1 67)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:362)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.include(Dispatcher.java:192)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.applyDecorator(PageFilter.ja va:156)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:59)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:65)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:41)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:69)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:98)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:211)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:506)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:830)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)

2007.12.03 08:59:02 org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleUtils.getLocalizedString(LocaleUtils.java:435)

You must rename the jar file to archive.jar before deploying it.

Okay, forgot to do that. Still doesn’t answer the question. I’ve renamed it to archive.jar and tried uploading it via the web page again and now it appears I have two instances of Open Archive installed both of which have are pointing back to the directory I downloaded both copies on my laptop.

Restarting the openfire process isn’t clearing out these failed installs, nor does deleting them via the plugin webpage. Is there a plugin entry in the database I need to remove before these phantom installs will clear out?

The best way is to shutdown Openfire and delete both instances from the plugins directory (delete the subdirectory and the jar file there).