Openfire 3.10.0 and websocket

Hi, i’m using openfire 3.9.3 with websocket 0.0.0.6 and everything is fine but when I upgrade to 3.10.0, the websocket plugin fall in error.

2015.05.13 11:55:49 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager - Error loading plugin: C:\Program Files\Openfire\plugins\websockets

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jetty/websocket/WebSocketServlet

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at com.ifsoft.websockets.plugin.WebSocketsPlugin.initializePlugin(WebSocketsPlugin .java:58)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :477)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :76)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1068)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.WebSocketServlet

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

… 22 more

Somebody have an idea why this happen.

I try this on 3 others computers and the same error on all of them.

thanks

I am having the same problem and it’s related to the websocket class that the plugin is using. It seems to be a older version. When you look at the openfire.jar for the class it’s not there, but if you go to the page of the websockets plugin, in the downloads area there is a openfire.jar that has that class, but you can’t replace it because it’s for version 3.7. The plugin must be updated to use the new classes in Jetty (embedded webserver used by openfire)

websocket is no longer used for openfire 3.10 as I recalled…

If you want latest working websockets access to openfire. Use the openfire meetings plugin. Change the websocket URL to

ws://myserver/ofmeetws/server?username=myusername&passwordmypassword&resource=my resource

or simply use the strophe.openfire.js in

OPENFIRE\src\plugins\ofmeet\src\libs\strophe

I install the last version of openfire 3.10.2 with the new websocket plugin and is not working.

The websocket start but when I try to connect with my software (work with old version) or strophe 1.2.3, not working in websocket mode (bosh is working).

I check the warning log of openfire and I have this error :

org.jivesoftware.openfire.websocket.WebSocketPlugin - Failed to create websocket: org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.servlet.ServletUpgradeRequest@1548bb

Is install on a win 2003 r2 32 bits

new websocket plugin requires OF 3.11 and above