Openfire 3.3.0 Enterprise issues

Hey all. I recently went from the 3.4.3 wildfire to openfire.

I uninstalled everything and installed from scratch.

Logged into the console, went to the enterprise page. Clicked on the install enterprise plugin. It said that it was installing. After in installed, the enterprise management page did not appear – the enterprise page instead contained the splash page advertising the enterprise edition.

So I went to the plugins tab, and saw that the enterprise plugin wasn’'t installed.

I clicked the plus, it said it was installing, but the enterprise page didn’'t change – still splash.

So I started working with jake in support on this, and he created a new license file for me. I put in the license file, and restarted the server.

Now, the admin console doesn’'t have a tab for the enterprise! And the plugins tab says the enterprise edition is already installed.

My feeling is to reinstall everything from scratch, but I thought I’'d leave my server in its current state in case you guys wanted more info. Nothing very interesting in the log directory right now, just some bitching about LDAP stuff (which is working fine).

Jake has the screenshots.

Thanks!

sozin

EDIT:

2007.04.04 14:34:46 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java: 466) Error loading plugin

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jivesoftware/wildfire/container/Plugin

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader.loadClass(PluginClassLoad er.java:156)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :345)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginManager.java :46)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:920)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

stack trace

Message was edited by: sozin

ok, I downloaded the latest and greatest version of the enterprise.jar (from 3.3.0) and it fixed the above problem. might want to make sure that the wizard for installing the enterprise edition is pointing at the right jar file!

Hey sozin,

Glad to hear that things are working fine now. The transition from WIldfire to Openfire created a few issues like the one you mention. Users using WIldfire 3.2.* will now be able to only see Wildfire Enterprise 3.2.4 while users using Openfire 3.3.0 will be able to see Openfire 3.3.0 Enterprise in the admin console.

Regards,

– Gato