Openfire 3.3.0 Postgres install trouble-relation "Jiveuser" already exists

Hi,

I just downloaded the 3.3.0 Linux generic release version and started it on one machine. I also created a postgresql database and successfully ran the openfire_postgresql.sql. Postgres is on a different physical machine.

I connected to the admin console to configure it and when I chose the database connection I got the following message:

The Openfire database schema does not appear to be installed. Follow the installation guide to fix this error.

I then checked the logs and found this:

2007.04.13 00:36:57 org.jivesoftware.database.SchemaManager.checkSchema(SchemaManager.java:206)

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: relation “jiveuser” already exists

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl .java:1512)

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java: 1297)

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:188)

at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java :430)

at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2State ment.java:332)

at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java :324)

at org.jivesoftware.database.SchemaManager.executeSQLScript(SchemaManager.java:348 )

at org.jivesoftware.database.SchemaManager.checkSchema(SchemaManager.java:203)

at org.jivesoftware.database.SchemaManager.checkOpenfireSchema(SchemaManager.java: 68)

at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.setConnectionProvider(DbConnectio nManager.java:467)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.setup_002ddatasource_002dstandard_jsp.js pService(setup_002ddatasource

002dstandard_jsp.java:202)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:491)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1074)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1065)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:65)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1065)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:41)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:69)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:98)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:185)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:689)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:391)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:146)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:457)

Any clue about what could be wrong here? Something wrong with the schema creation script?

Thanks,

Ike

I solved the problem by not running the schema creation script manually and instead letting the setup wizard create it.

It’‘s probably a trivial issue. For all the information about setting up external databases, I believe it’'s much nicer when the setup wizard takes care of that. Maybe the external database documentation could be paired down to just the creation of the database part. Let Openfire create the schema.