Openfire 3.3.0 S2S with Google - Communication Issues

Hello All –

I thought I had this all working, but seemingly there is still an issue with communications.

Setup…

Openfire 3.3.0 running internally. Firewall ports opened on 5269 and 5222/3. “Server Name” setup as “[domain].com” so that JID’'s will match email addresses, @[domain].com.

Whitelist permits S2S with gmail.com

Following relevant DNS records are setup…

chat IN A

jabber.tcp.[domain].com. IN SRV 5 0 5269 chat.[domain].com.

xmpp-server.tcp.[domain].com. IN SRV 5 0 5269 chat.[domain].com.

xmpp-client.tcp.[domain].com. IN SRV 5 0 5222 chat.[domain].com.

I added my own personal Google Talk account to my Spark Roster, approved the invitation from within Gmail, and all seems fine. I can chat with myself no problem.

Under server sessions in admin console, I do see a two-way connection established for Gmail.com … so all seems fine here too.

However, a number of other Google Talk users who are on my roster, and who’'s presence I am able to see, swear they do not see me as online, nor do they see an invitation request. They have sent me screenshots to confirm.

One of my friends, who is logged into Google Talk via Gmail.com does not receive my messages in a chat window, but instead as offline messages.

Any one else experience any similar issues?

Yes I have had problems with googletalk that I haven’'t had time to resolve. I am running 3.2.3.

I was able to communicate with gmail and googlemail users. I had both gmail.com and googlemail.com servers allowed in my whitelist. Both seemed to be required for a googlemail account for some reason! It suddenly stopped working and I could not communicate with any users on gmail or googlemail via S2S. The connections to the gmail and googlemail server appeared to fail all the time.

I get these messages in the warn log

2007.04.27 11:11:28 Error verifying key of remote server: gmail.com

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.ServerDialback.verifyKey(ServerDialback.java:5 23)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.ServerDialback.validateRemoteDomain(ServerDial back.java:459)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.ServerDialback.createIncomingSession(ServerDia lback.java:342)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.IncomingServerSession.createSession(IncomingS erverSession.java:102)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ServerSocketReader.createSession(ServerSocketRead er.java:211)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.createSession(SocketReader.java:391)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 53)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:120)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

After restarting my Wildfire/OpenFire Server everything started working again. However, I do not know how long it will last!

I am really not sure where the problems lie. I know this probably isn’'t much help but if there are more people with problems we may be able to establish a pattern.

Best Regards

David