Openfire 3.3.2 with MySQL 5.0.22 backend on CentOS 5 server: "Last Logout"

I have done a clean install of 3.3.2 on a CentOS 5 server running MySQL 5.0.22 on x86_64 arch.

When I click on “Users/Groups” in the admin interface, user status, creation date etc. are displaying correctly, but the “Last Logout” field is never populated.

I have searched bug reports and the forums but all I found was one report of someone having this issue on and earlier version, 3.2.0 and I found the original feature request http://www.igniterealtime.org/issues/browse/JM-595 .

Has anyone else observed the same issue ? It’'s not listed in the bug tracker as far as I can tell, so I am wondering if I am alone with this one.

We just installed Openfire 3.3.2 and just noticed the same thing (fresh install with import/export plug-in to move users from 3.2.4, MySQL). Anyone can shed some light on this?

This has nothing to do with MySQL 5.0.22 or CentOS 5 I’'m afraid.

I am using Openfire 3.3.2 with jre1.6.0_02 with an embedded db and seeing the same problem. If I downgrade back to 3.3.0 then this feature works correct.

Sounds to me like a bug… don’'t know if a dev has read this but a bug report should be created regarding this issue.

Ok good we have established that it’'s not dependent on the OS or MySQL rev. I tried to make a bug report but it seems for this project, users cannot log bugs.

I will see if I can talk to someone in Wednesday’'s live chat to raise awareness.

I should add that jre1.6.0_02 is the jre i’'m using, the os is Debian 3.1 stable running kernel 2.4

I have new information:

I found that one particular multi-protocol mobile client, www.agilemessenger.com doesn’'t seem to comply with XEP-0126 when a user sets herself “invisible” for all protocols.

Funny enough, when an agile messenger user goes “invisible”, the user’'s last logout is showing perfectly in the Openfire user summary. This persists if the user subsequently logs out completely from an invisible state.

This leads me to believe there is absolutely nothing wrong with the logging mechanism or the type of database you have sitting on your backend. The issue is more likely about how Openfire recognizes a logout event.

If a client uses Trillian Pro, Psi or Pidgin, they can’'t set themselves invisible, and once they log out, the logout is not recorded. I have tested this in Pidgin 2.0.2, Psi 0.10 and Psi 0.11 RC2.

If an agile messenger client logs in as available or away or anything other than invisible and then logs out, it’'s not recorded either. What does it take for Openfire 3.3.2 to “trigger” a logout event ? Evidently Openfire is waiting for some sort of trigger event that never occurs on mainstream clients, but whatever agile messenger does when “invisible” status is set, does trigger the logout event.

Unfortunately I am in a bad timezone so I have missed the last two “wednesday live chats with the devs” and have been unable to have this acknowledged as an issue.

I created an issue per our chat in the weekly chat: JM-1102