powered by Jive Software

Openfire 3.4.0 beta1, Spark 2.5.8 beta1

Hi, i’ve just upgraded Openfire from 3.3.3 to 3.4.0 beta1 (with plugins)

Also i’ve updated and rebuilt Spark from the svn trunk (it’s marked as 2.5.8 beta1 here). And now i can’t login:

Spark throws in the console:

org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log warning

WARNING: Exception in Login:

No response from the server.:

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.bindResourceAndEstablishSession(SASLA uthentication.java:307)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.authenticate(SASLAuthentication.java: 214)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.login(XMPPConnection.java:341)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.login(LoginDialog.java:828)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.access$400(LoginDialog.java:196)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel$1.construct(LoginDialog.java:594)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:129)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Openfire puts in the error.log:

2007.10.06 01:16:49 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.exceptionCaught(ConnectionHandle r.java:109)

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.Session, but class was expected

at org.jivesoftware.phone.xmpp.PresenceLayerer.sessionCreated(PresenceLayerer.java :229)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.event.SessionEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(SessionEve ntDispatcher.java:62)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionManager.addSession(SessionManager.java:519)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalClientSession.setAuthToken(LocalClientSe ssion.java:510)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQBindHandler.handleIQ(IQBindHandler.java:131 )

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:48)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:309)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:101)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:303)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler .java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:268)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:167)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:132)

So, what’s wrong?

This strange error alsa happens after that:

2007.10.06 01:12:59 com.jivesoftware.openfire.enterprise.sip.sipaccount.SipAccountDAO.update(SipAcco untDAO.java:158) E

RROR: column “promptcredentials” is of type integer but expression is of type boolean

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column “promptcredentials” is of type integer but expression is of type boolea

n

Btw, there were some errors with database column types and i updated them. I don’t remember, what were they, will try to find

p.s. Asterisk-IM plugin (or Openfire by itself) doesn’t support/understand CallerID as alphanum type. We’re using numbers and CallerIDs like ‘akornilov’, not ‘12345’. May be it’s not a CallerID, but something other, all i can say: there are no calls log, because we’ve called ‘akornilov’, not ‘12345’ (and we’ve had callerid ‘another user’) and plugin can’t add it to the base. I think, there are a lot of such issues. Could you check this? Asterisk handles these very well.

People, official ‘beta’ releases still don’t work ufter upgrade.

Here is the error.log while connecting to Openfire from Spark (with TLS, because i don’t use another port, 5222 by default)

2007.10.09 12:24:50 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.exceptionCaught(ConnectionHandle r.java:109)

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.Session, but class was expecte

d

at org.jivesoftware.phone.xmpp.PresenceLayerer.sessionCreated(PresenceLayerer.java :229)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.event.SessionEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(SessionEve ntDispatcher.java:62)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionManager.addSession(SessionManager.java:519)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalClientSession.setAuthToken(LocalClientSe ssion.java:510)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQBindHandler.handleIQ(IQBindHandler.java:131 )

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:48)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:309)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:101)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:303)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler .java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:268)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:167)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:132)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilte

I’ve tried both optional and requires TLS settings, with Spark and Gajim, nothing helped

I’ve figured out that it was an asterisk-im problem. So, will it be upgraded?

Hey Andrew,

A big refactoring work was done for Openfire 3.4.0 and some parts of the API have changed. That means that not all old plugins will continue to work. In the stacktrace below I see that the Asterisk-IM is having some trouble due to the API changes. You will need to compile and rebuild it using Openfire 3.4.0. The old .jar file is not compatible with Openfire 3.4.0.

Regards,

– Gato

Thank you for the answer.

But as far as i remember, asterisk-im won’t build by ‘ant’ tool, it has it’s own build system. Could you point me to the build instruction?

That’s an excellent question! I see that the plugin is now using Maven so the way to build it is different now (from what it used to be). I would recommend posting your question in the Asterisk-IM forum. We need to add some documentation to the Asterisk-IM explaining how to build it since it’s being built in a “special” way.

Regards,

– Gato

Ok, thanks.

p.s. Why did they change the build-tool?

Probably they feel more comfortable with Maven and like the benefits of that tool. Another question to post in the forums…

– Gati