Openfire 3.4.5 Group Summary Not Showing AD Security Groups

holy smokes…I’m so close to getting this working…I can taste it…

Your explanation of what this does for you at the end of this post says exactly what I want to have happen for my Openfire setup.
i.e.

“So now I have it so that users are only those who are a member of my openfire security group,
and the groups are only those that are also members of that openfire security group.”

However, I’m not sure I understand the syntax.

Would you (anyone) be willing to help translate for me?

Basically, I know how to edit ‘System Properties’.
I’ve edited my ldap.baseDN to have the widest view of the campus active directory (because my users and groups are not all within the same OU).
I’ve also edited my ldap.searchFilter to only get users from a certain group within my department’s OU (so that I don’t have 100,000 user accounts in my Openfire setup).

However, I also want to have only my department’s groups to show up in the groups section of Openfire.
I think what you have here will do that for me, but I’m just not sure I understand.

Anyone out there willing to do a little hand-holding for a few minutes?

Thanks.
steven

Please start your own thread, and I will be glad to assist.

Hmmm, OK. I will do that.

meanwhile though…

let me know something… I quite often have seen people flame others for starting new threads about a topic that is already being discussed, and for not usign the search feature.

So, I strive to search first and join in where it is already being discussed.

Seems like hell if I do - hell if I don’t (not that you were nasty to me abou tit - you weren’t, but still).

explain?

p.s. Thanks for your offer to help. I’ll see you in that thread when I create it.

Ah but this tread is closed. The flaming comes from duplicating requests with obvious solution threads. Like how do you share a group. I have answered this too many times and even posted a video on how to do it.