Openfire 3.4.5 plugin warning

Hi all,

I’ve got an openfire 3.4.5 with IM-gateway 1.2.2 and search 1.4.1 plugin installed working on a FreeBSD.

I tried to upgrade my plugin to IM gateway 1.2.3 (because of strange debugging message on the older version) and search 1.4.2.

As Openfire 3.5.0 is not available on FreeBSD ports, I cannot upgrade it properly for the moment.

My problem is :

When i downloaded last version of plugins to install them… I’ve got warms (into warm.log) and plugin refuse to works:

2008.04.15 08:59:25 Ignoring plugin search: requires server version 3.5.0

2008.04.15 08:59:45 Ignoring plugin gateway: requires server version 3.5.0

Isn’t there retro-compatibility of plugin??? There’s absolutely no mention of it anywhere… and the biggest problem : there is no way to download older version somewhere in this site!!!

Of course i’ve backup of gateway.jar and search.jar on my own computer. So that’s no a real problem.

My message was just to advise to indicate somewhere in plugins informations or changelogs to mention the version which may work properly with.

Thanks a lot again for your work.

Best Regards.

You will need to downgrade to the correct version for your install of Openfire. Once you have done this you could post the errors you get.

?

I don’t get what you mean?

My version of Openfire server hasn’t been upgraded since it’s still in 3.4.5.

Error I get when i upgraded plugins are :

2008.04.15 08:59:25 Ignoring plugin search: requires server version 3.5.0

2008.04.15 08:59:45 Ignoring plugin gateway: requires server version 3.5.0

And plugins don’t launch at all and can be seen in Admin console.