Openfire 3.4.5 slowing down

I’m currently having an issue with Openfire in that after some time (perhaps 2-3 hours after a restart), both messages and presence slow WAY down sporadically. By slow, I mean going from sub-secondish to 30+ seconds. It doesn’t happen to all messages or all presence changes, but certainly enough to be causing my users (and by proxy myself, of course) considerable headaches.

I looked at the Release notes for versions after 3.4.5, and didn’t see anything that jumped out at me. But maybe I’m misreading. There’s no particular reason I can’t upgrade if need be other than “if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it”. Well, I guess it is broken, but I still don’t necessarily want to upgrade yet if I don’t have to.

Any ideas?

Hi Marguis,

Is Openfire memory allocation constantly increasing as well? On the server, can you monitor CPU usage, is it 100% when openfire starts slowing down?

daryl

No, memory usage is not increasing nor is the CPU pegged. In general, CPU usage stays below 5% and that’s with a couple other minor things happening on this server.