Openfire 3.6.0a has been released!

Ville wrote:

Not to this version. The restored database was 3.5.2, and it had never been attempted to be upgraded. Of course, it may have been that on the first start of Openfire 3.6.0 it correctly would’ve showed the level (14 or whatever) but since the 19th upgrade script didn’t work, it stalled there, and on the next try (when I paid attention to the version) it was then 18.

Do you think it might be a good idea to prefix the sp_rename commands with “exec” in the future?

So when you added exec it started working ok? What version of SQL server are you using?

Hrm, well there’s not a lot I can do to try to track down what’s actually going on here if you aren’t providing me with any debug information or error logs. Sorry you had a bad experience but good that you actually backed up as is suggested in the upgrade docs.

kevgau wrote:

I had a quick and bad experience upgrading from 3.5.2 to 3.6.0a (Win2003, embedded db) :

• unstable client connections
  • search plugin not working
  • random ldap authentication, my admin account and workstation IP becoming blacklisted because of too many bad connection attempts.

So I reverted the server to my 3.5.2 backup… which could not start anymore (main class not found).

I had to restart the 3.5.2 install executable and copy the backed-up conf and embedded db to make things work again.

Next time, please put a “beta” label on early releases.

scottr wrote:

It turns out this is documented behavior.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/silent-column-changes.html

“From MySQL 4.1.0 onward, a CHAR or VARCHAR column with a length specification greater than 255 is converted to the smallest TEXT type that can hold values of the given length. …”

Good lord. Well, I’ll put that on my list of things to reevaluate knowing that behavior occurs. Thanks!

I was one of the unfortunate who tried to go to 3.6.0 right away from 3.5.2. My install broke and I read the forums saying there would be a fix release. I just tried the 3.6.0a rpm, but I am still broken .

The error.log spews out “java.sql.Exception: Table not found in statement [SELECT count(*) FROM ofID]” errors and info.log has “Found old database version 16 for openfire. Upgrading to version 20…” and “Server halted” errors.

My suspicion for my broken installation is the old DB. I am using the embedded DB btw. I am no DBA, but from what I gather I can run the upgrade manually? How would I do that? I tried the embedded-db-viewer.sh script located in the openfire /bin directory, but that errors out with “Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hsqldb/util/DatabaseManagerSwing”.

What are my options?

3.5.2 -> 3.6.0a upgrade: woes and heartache

I’ve got 3.5.2 on Solaris… using the tar version, and embedded database

I followed the upgrade guide exactly, but after starting openfire back up I can’t get into the web interface. I simply get the following:

HTTP ERROR: 503

SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

RequestURI=/

So I stopped openfire, modified the openfire.xml file to have false and the same thing occurs.

stdoutt.log reads:

Openfire 3.6.0 [Sep 2, 2008 9:25:13 AM]
Admin console listening at:
http://127.0.0.1:9090
https://127.0.0.1:9091

When it used to read:

Openfire 3.5.2 [Sep 2, 2008 12:00:35 AM]
http://my.hostname.org:9090
https://my.hostname.org:9091
Starting Client Control Plugin
Starting Monitoring Plugin

info.log, similarly, shows that the admin console is now listening on the loopback. Other than that there is nothing strange in the logs.

Hi,

Don´t know because this is the first time I installed with rpm.

Maybe this happened because I don´t have java installed in the SO. ?

Thanks

If it says upgrading from 16 to 20, and doesn’t upgrade anything, then 17 is the script that’s causing you problems. Embedded db — did you follow the instructions at the beginning of this thread? Look for the instructions for “Embedded DB (HSQLDB)” making those changes should get you upgraded!

MCapelle wrote:

I was one of the unfortunate who tried to go to 3.6.0 right away from 3.5.2. My install broke and I read the forums saying there would be a fix release. I just tried the 3.6.0a rpm, but I am still broken .

The error.log spews out “java.sql.Exception: Table not found in statement [SELECT count(*) FROM ofID]” errors and info.log has “Found old database version 16 for openfire. Upgrading to version 20…” and “Server halted” errors.

My suspicion for my broken installation is the old DB. I am using the embedded DB btw. I am no DBA, but from what I gather I can run the upgrade manually? How would I do that? I tried the embedded-db-viewer.sh script located in the openfire /bin directory, but that errors out with “Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hsqldb/util/DatabaseManagerSwing”.

What are my options?

Are you connecting to it from the local machine? (ie that the loopback might work) Try setting, in your openfire.xml, the following, removing the comment out lines and add the proper interface. There’s also a chance that having old monitoring and client control plugins is breaking it, so make sure you upgrade those.

<!--
    <network>
        <interface></interface>
    </network>
    -->

rculpepper wrote:

3.5.2 → 3.6.0a upgrade: woes and heartache

I’ve got 3.5.2 on Solaris… using the tar version, and embedded database

I followed the upgrade guide exactly, but after starting openfire back up I can’t get into the web interface. I simply get the following:

HTTP ERROR: 503

> SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

RequestURI=/

So I stopped openfire, modified the openfire.xml file to have false and the same thing occurs.

stdoutt.log reads:

Openfire 3.6.0 [Sep 2, 2008 9:25:13 AM]
http://127.0.0.1:9090
https://127.0.0.1:9091

When it used to read:

Openfire 3.5.2 [Sep 2, 2008 12:00:35 AM]
http://my.hostname.org:9090
https://my.hostname.org:9091
Starting Client Control Plugin

info.log, similarly, shows that the admin console is now listening on the loopback. Other than that there is nothing strange in the logs.

jcorreia wrote:

Hi,

Don´t know because this is the first time I installed with rpm.

Maybe this happened because I don´t have java installed in the SO. ?

Thanks

The SO?

Yes, with sp_rename’s prefixed with “exec” the script 19 completed, though with warnings (as listed in the original comment). The tables were renamed, despite of the warnings, so it seems it completed ok. The script 20 completed after that, and Openfire is working as far as I can tell.

I’m using SQL Server 2005 Enterprise (the exact version is SQL Server 9.0.3068).

jadestorm wrote:

tnt wrote:

same problem with 3.6.0a

Seeing anything in your error logs? Thre should be some exceptions indicating why it’s doing that.

my server was 3.5.2 and worked flawlessly until upgrade to 3.6.0 when user-disconnecting issue appeared.

after upgrading to 3.6.0a situatin is the same. you’ve asked for logs, so here they are (I know that there’s a lot of unresolved DNS reqs, but they were around for a quite long time and everything worked well).

I’ve blocked ports 5222 and 5223 for everyone except me and started openfire (3.6.0a).

everything went fine and I got no new lines in error and warn logs, just following in info log:

tail -f -n0 /opt/openfire/logs/info.log
2008.09.02 21:22:21 Publish-Subscribe domain: pubsub.b44.bg.wi
2008.09.02 21:22:21 Multi User Chat domain: conference.b44.bg.wi
2008.09.02 21:22:21 Openfire 3.6.0 [Sep 2, 2008 9:22:21 PM]
2008.09.02 21:22:23 Admin console listening at:
http://b44.bg.wi:9090
https://b44.bg.wi:9091
2008.09.02 21:22:25 Packet Filter loaded…
2008.09.02 21:22:26 Started server (unencrypted) socket on port: 5269
2008.09.02 21:22:26 Started plain (unencrypted) socket on port: 5222
2008.09.02 21:22:26 Started SSL (encrypted) socket on port: 5223

then I’ve tried to connect my client (PSI 0.12) to openfire and got this in error log:

tail -f -n0 /opt/openfire/logs/error.log
2008.09.02 21:35:49 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSes sion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:258)] Error trying to connect to remote server: julino.bg.wi(DNS lookup: julino.bg.wi:5269)
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSess ion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:253)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain (LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:144)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:239)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:216)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 885)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
2008.09.02 21:35:49 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHand ler.java:135)] Closing connection due to error while processing message:

Psi
Gentoo Base System release 2.0.0

java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.remove(ConcurrentHashMap.java:922)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:284)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:101)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:68)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:311)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler .java:79)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:276)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:175)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:133)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:570)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)
at org.apache.mina.common.IoFilterAdapter.messageReceived(IoFilterAdapter.java:80)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)
at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:58)
at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:185)
at org.apache.mina.common.IoFilterAdapter.messageReceived(IoFilterAdapter.java:80)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.RawPrintFilter.messageReceived(RawPrintFilter. java:57)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :239)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:283)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 885)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
2008.09.02 21:35:49 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSes sion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:258)] Error trying to connect to remote server: eon.bg.wi(DNS lookup: eon.bg.wi:5269)
java.net.UnknownHostException: eon.bg.wi
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:177)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSess ion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:253)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain (LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:144)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:239)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:216)
2008.09.02 21:35:50 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSes sion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:258)] Error trying to connect to remote server: ap3.lb.bg.wi(DNS lookup: ap3.lb.bg.wi:5269)
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
2008.09.02 21:35:50 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSes sion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:258)] Error trying to connect to remote server: zemun.bg.wi(DNS lookup: zemun.bg.wi:5269)
java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable
2008.09.02 21:35:50 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSes sion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:258)] Error trying to connect to remote server: b30.bg.wi(DNS lookup: b30.bg.wi:5269)
java.net.UnknownHostException: b30.bg.wi
2008.09.02 21:35:50 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSes sion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:258)] Error trying to connect to remote server: titel.wi(DNS lookup: titel.wi:5269)
java.net.UnknownHostException: titel.wi
2008.09.02 21:35:51 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SocketReadingMode.negotiateTLS(SocketReadingMode .java:77)] Error while negotiating TLS: org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SocketConnection@7bff1855 socket: Socket[addr=/10.5.44.66,port=39988,localport=5269] session: org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalIncomingServerSession@68fae256 status: 1 address: b44.bg.wi/578d762c id: 578d762c
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unsupported record version Unknown-47.115
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.EngineInputRecord.bytesInCompletePacket(EngineInpu tRecord.java:97)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.readNetRecord(SSLEngineImpl.java:754 )
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.unwrap(SSLEngineImpl.java:669)
at javax.net.ssl.SSLEngine.unwrap(SSLEngine.java:607)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.TLSStreamHandler.doHandshake(TLSStreamHandler.jav a:214)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.TLSStreamHandler.start(TLSStreamHandler.java:160)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SocketConnection.startTLS(SocketConnection.java:1 69)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SocketReadingMode.negotiateTLS(SocketReadingMode. java:74)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.readStream(BlockingReadingMod e.java:127)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 63)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:120)
2008.09.02 21:35:51 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSes sion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:258)] Error trying to connect to remote server: wi(DNS lookup: wi:5269)
java.net.UnknownHostException: wi
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain (LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:185)
2008.09.02 21:35:51 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SocketReadingMode.negotiateTLS(SocketReadingMode .java:77)] Error while negotiating TLS: org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SocketConnection@48bfba23 socket: Socket[addr=/10.5.22.1,port=51981,localport=5269] session: org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalIncomingServerSession@4344a263 status: 1 address: b44.bg.wi/e6a3a0a3 id: e6a3a0a3
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unsupported record version Unknown-47.115
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.EngineInputRecord.bytesInCompletePacket(EngineInpu tRecord.java:97)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.readNetRecord(SSLEngineImpl.java:754 )
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.unwrap(SSLEngineImpl.java:669)
at javax.net.ssl.SSLEngine.unwrap(SSLEngine.java:607)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.TLSStreamHandler.doHandshake(TLSStreamHandler.jav a:214)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.TLSStreamHandler.start(TLSStreamHandler.java:160)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SocketConnection.startTLS(SocketConnection.java:1 69)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SocketReadingMode.negotiateTLS(SocketReadingMode. java:74)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.readStream(BlockingReadingMod e.java:127)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 63)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:120)

and this in info log:

2008.09.02 21:35:51 Packet sent to unreachable address

again, server configuration is:

Server version: 5.0.60 Gentoo Linux mysql-5.0.60-r1

Portage 2.1.4.4 (default/linux/amd64/2008.0, gcc-4.2.4, glibc-2.7-r2, 2.6.24-gentoo-r8 x86_64)

System uname: 2.6.24-gentoo-r8 x86_64 Intel(R) Core™2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz
Timestamp of tree: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 01:00:01 +0000
distcc 2.18.3 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (protocols 1 and 2) (default port 3632) [disabled]
app-shells/bash: 3.2_p33
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7, 2.1.6
dev-lang/python: 2.4.4-r13, 2.5.2-r6
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r6
sys-apps/baselayout: 1.12.11.1
sys-apps/sandbox: 1.2.18.1-r2
sys-devel/autoconf: 2.61-r2
sys-devel/automake: 1.9.6-r2, 1.10.1
sys-devel/binutils: 2.18-r3
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.0-r4
sys-devel/libtool: 1.5.26
virtual/os-headers: 2.6.23-r3

D’oh! I had forgotten to upgrade the plugins before starting the server. That, however, was only half the battle and the battle doesn’t seem to be complete.

I noticed that on the first openfire start after untarring the upgrade, the stdoutt.log file still said 3.5.2 and all my plugins would fail (they require 3.6.0). I stopped openfire and started it again, and stdoutt.log then noted 3.6.0 and some database upgrades. Sweet!

However, when it finished all that it tries to start up the plugins and never quite makes it all the way through - the last line of output in my stdoutt.log file is

I’m not sure if it’s getting stuck on the monitoring plugin or the whichever plugin it goes to next, but I cannot get openfire to start or get past this point.

My total list of plugins is: broadcast, clientControl, gateway, monitoring, search, and userimportexport (userimportexport is probably not needed since it didn’t do what I was hoping to trick it in to doing).

Is it possible to remove the plugin .jar files, add them in after the upgrade and the console is running, and still have them pull old date (like old archives for the monitoring plugin…)???

edit: it looks like the monitoring plugin is the one stalling…

edit2: I removed the monitoring plugin, as well as some others, and the 503 error is still there. sigh

edit3: VICTORY

I tried one more time…

From 3.5.2 I untared 3.6.0a on top. Restored the exodus.xml file and resources/security directory. Moved in the brand new versions of each plugin I have that had a brand new version.

Started openfire and let it spit out “plugin whatever: requires server version 3.6.0” into stdoutt.log for about 15 minutes.

Stopped and restarted openfire. Let it update the database (took just a few seconds) and sit for another few minutes.

Then everything started working.

All the old archives and rosters seem to be there… I will probably wait to hear more about this user-disconnect issue, but everything looks good so far.

Sorry, I mean OS

SO = operating system

I’m having a problem. When 3.6.0 came out, I tried to upgrade, unsuccessfully. I then reinstalled 3.5.2 and everything started working again. I did not make a backup of anything before attempting the 3.6.0 upgrade. Now, when I am trying to upgrade 3.5.2 to 3.6.0a, I am still having database problems. I am using SQL Server 2005. I’ve tried both the 17 upgrade that comes with 3.6.0a as well as the fixed files from Jerry Zeiszler. Both file have the same error message (as shown below). Any ideas?

Thanks.

Found old database version 16 for openfire. Upgrading to version 20…
Database setup or configuration error: Please verify your database settings and check the logs/error.log file for detailed error messages.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid object name ‘ofID’.
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:710)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:427)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:161)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:106)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:51)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid object name ‘ofID’.
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:368)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsErrorToken(TdsCore.java:2816)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2254)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.getMoreResults(TdsCore.java:631)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeSQLQuery(JtdsStatement.java:477)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsPreparedStatement.executeQuery(JtdsPreparedStatem ent.java:777)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reElferrotrc Ns.ttaarvtiieentM gohth dsAerecvceersso .PIlrepams.el nicheck the log filsv efkoor( emnoUknow nre nioSofurce)
ar t su.mnaetrfoienl.tc.

DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ProxyStatement.invoke(ProxyStatement.java:100)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ProxyStatement.intercept(ProxyStatement.java:57)
at $java.sql.Wrapper$$EnhancerByProxool$$2774e49c.executeQuery()
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:700)
… 16 more
Server halted

By the way, SELECT Version from jiveVersion where name = ‘openfire’ is 16, if that helps at all.

Sounds like the same problem I was having. See my message earlier in this thread. Basically there were two thing to do: 1) Prefix the sp_rename commands in the upgrade scripts with “exec”, and 2) execute the upgrade scripts manually from the point where they’re not correctly reflected in your database (look at scripts backwards and compare to the db to see if they’ve been implemented, if not, start executing them manually using Enteprise Manager or other SQL Server tool from that point on).

reverted to snapshot of 3.5.2 (both openfire and mysql dabase) - everything worked fine.

upgraded directly to 3.6.0a - same client disconnect problem!

staying with 3.5.2 for good, I guess…

tnt wrote:

reverted to snapshot of 3.5.2 (both openfire and mysql dabase) - everything worked fine.

upgraded directly to 3.6.0a - same client disconnect problem!

staying with 3.5.2 for good, I guess…

Is/was there an answer to this issue, other than reverting to 3.5.2?

Below is a snapshot of the error.log, when I tried to connect. Like TNT, as soon as I connected, I was disconnected.
openfire.txt (2142 Bytes)

Awesome, thank you for the actual log dump! I’ve created an issue here:

http://www.igniterealtime.org/issues/browse/JM-1468

@Daniel Henninger, Darin and TNT:

Probably this is a duplicate of this one: http://www.igniterealtime.org/issues/browse/JM-1465

There is a solution in form of an small plugin available to get the server running again.

See also this thread: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/179066

Message was edited by: Coolcat