Openfire 3.6.4 - Java out of Memory

Hello everyone,

i’m using openfire 3.6.4 to provide presence information to Voip Clients. I use a Linux Gentoo 2.6.4 machine with 4Gb ram and 2.5Ghz clock. I have a network with 40 users. The rosters are configured with shared groups with ‘both’ subscription. It means that each user sends its presence to the server each 20 seconds (it’s a configuration of my custom clients) and this presence is broadcasted by the server to all other users. In this configuration, with 512Mb given to the JVM (-Xmx512m), openfire rapidly goes out of memory. I think it could be a matter or roster cache size and roster cache maxLifetime, beacuse playing with this parameter i can see that situation betters, but I did’nt find a good solution yet. Does anyone have idea of the problem? Is it the right way? Sending presence each 20 seconds (less than other clients I have used, like Exodus) could be a problem?

Thank you very much, i need your help please…It’s a long time i’m trying to solve the problem and I haven’t found a solution yet.

Here’s my heap dump. I hope someone could analyze it and give me an help!!
java_pid10062.rar.zip (8394583 Bytes)

It would me amazing to have an answer…I post questions for help many times on this forum, but I never get an answer

Hey,

tried to incrase the JVM-memory? My Server got 4GB Ram and my settings are INSTALL4J_ADD_VM_PARAMS="-Xms1024m -Xmx2048m" for now. Works for me.

Yes, but it’s tha same.

the very strange thing is that installing openfire 3.6.4 on windows, with the same configuration…i have absolutely NO PROBLEM!!!

The memory just reach 4.0%!!! Unbelievable!!! Has everyone idea of what could be the problem??

Is it a dedicated or virtualized server that you’re using? And what kind of admin interface do you use? E.g. Plesk…

It’s a dedicated Linux server, on which various application run (Openfire, Apache, Asterisk…)

I tried to install on windows (a different machine form the first one) with only openfire…and I had no problems.