Openfire 3.6 and LDAP

Hi

i am plaining to use LDAP intergration in Openfire in mylocal system(Windows box) … but i dont have any idea abt that … i mean which Server is required for ldap & How to install …& how to set baseDn and users etc…

any dody have idea abt plz gve me details Discripton …

There are limited choices to you for LDAP in windows unless you are willing to pay. How you eventually setup the LDAP server will determine the BaseDN and all other settings. Your question on config at this point really has no answer. You need to first find a LDAP server suite that suits your needs/budget.

Thanks 4 giving reply…

how can i test LDAP IN LOCALLY… ANY IDEA…

Do you run Active Directory in your windows environment? You can use that for LDAP.

Jay

Again not something we can really answer. You are talking in such generalities there is no real answer. Once you install an LDAP server you must configure it and populate it with users and groups. Then you can point Openfire to the LDAP server. Openfire cannot create users in LDAP directly. You must do that manually. Unless your organization has many users there is probably no need for an LDAP server. If you are a windows environment you should be looking at Active Directory.