Openfire 3.7.0 Beta error on upgrade

I just attempted to upgrade my Openfire 3.6.3 server to the newest beta. I get a bunch of errors on startup the first time (I get these it seems right after every upgrade, but it goes away after first restart of the server after the upgrade, and stay gone until next upgrade. Will try to catch error text next time.

Then, after the server is successfully running, I now get this error every time I stop and start Openfire (new error for me):

SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/C:/Openfire/lib/slf4j-log4j12.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder .class]
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/C:/Openfire/lib/wildfire.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.clas s]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.

This IS a very long time running server. It has been upgraded from version to version for the last 3-4 years or so. I have just dealt with the first start errors, as they always seem to be there after every upgrade, but the server runs flawlessly. After the first start they never re-appear until next upgarde. The error listed above seem to be persistent (new to this beta).

Any help or ideas on fixing this error? I do not want to have it causing any type of logging issues at all. I am in education, and need to have all logs in case something comes up.

Thanks,

Scott

You shouldn’t use Beta in your production environment. I don’t know waht is this, so i will file it as a Task. Probably another issue related to new logging system. OF-403

Hi,

is there still a (useless) wildfire.jar in your C:/Openfire/lib/ folder? Try to remove it.

SLF4J supports only one binding so one must remove other or duplicate SLF4J bindings.

LG

Tell us what plugins (with versions) are you using. Can you try starting Openfire without any plugin?