Openfire 3.7.1 Offline Messages bug

Good day!

Problem: Sending offline messages in Russian codepage as result write ??? in jabber.ofOffline.

I’m using CentOS Linux 6.3, Openfire 3.7.1, MySQL 5.1.61 and LDAP UserDB (MS AD DS).

MySQL Server encoding UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

MySQL Openfire DB and table collation “utf8_general_ci”

openfire.xml DB Config:

org.jivesoftware.database.DefaultConnectionProvider

com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

jdbc:mysql://mysql.factory.ru:3306/jabber

jabber

password

select 1

true

true

true

useUnicode was added by following this threat http://community.igniterealtime.org/thread/28989.

1 Like

UP!

Can you tell me something about “We read you message and testing this error” or “May be you make mastake somewhere”?

I can only tell “I read your message” as the other 109 views of this thread. Can’t really test anything now, haven’t yet setup an environment for this after building new PC. And i won’t be able to test this with MySQL, only the embedded-db. So, be prepared to not get any answer on this. We don’t have full time developers or supporters here.

I solved this problem changing the serverURL line for Turkish :

jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/openfire?useUnicode=true&characterEnc oding=utf8&characterSetResults=UTF-8

and I recreated MySQL databases with changing below parameters in every CREATE TABLE statements:

find

ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

replace with

ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_turkish_ci;

1 Like

Thx a lot!

thank you a lot

you solved my problem after a week googleing

This worked like a charm for me… and after a while the problem returns… I don’t know why’s that… now the connection string is correct and the tables encoding is correct… any clue?