Openfire 3.7.1/Spark 2.6.3 MUC room list issue

I upgraded our production Openfire to 3.7.1 tonight. Seemed like it went okay - We were previously on 3.6.4.

When a user running Spark 2.6.3 tries to get a list of conf. rooms, I see this in the logs and they don’t see any rooms:

2011.10.26 21:56:28 org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter - Packet sent to unreachable address

Older Spark 2.5.2 (or something like that) works, Pidgin, adium work too. I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled the client, and messed around with config settings and it doesn’t seem to help at all. Seems to be specific to MUC - The users who have this issue can see their roster properly and IM users on the network without issues.

I googled around a bit and couldn’t find anything pertaining to conferences.

Yes happens to me too.

It works ONE time when i reboot the server… really strange.

Do you have any idea how to fix that?

It’s a bug in Smack (The XMPP library Spark uses). Someone is working on a patch.

Nice, thanks a lot !

Hi

we would need a error log of the Spark client to get an idea why this is happening. Apparently it is related to empty descriptions for conference rooms. A “simple” fix is to give all rooms on the server a descrioption like " ".

It is not clear wether this is a Smack or Spark issue since we could not reproduce this up to now.

Walter

http://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/SMACK-362

I didn’t know that Tim was able to reproduce it. One more patch for Robin Collier to integrate to Smack 3.2.2. Spark 2.7.0 is waiting for this to happen.