OpenFire 3.7 and LDAP Authentication

I upgraded my server to OpenFire 3.7 from 3.6.4.

I have also updated my LDAP server to Samba3.

I can no longer connect to the LDAP server.

In the Profile Settings, I can complete step 1 fine. In step 2, when I tell it to test, I get an error say that no users are found.

My base dn is :ou=people,dc=xxxx,dc=com

Each user under the ou=people, is set as uid=username. This is an OpenLDAP server that we use for Samba to authenticate against and that all works fine.

When I test the connection here, the error comes up.

I am sure I am doing something foolish, but just not sure what.

Hopefully someone can help me,

Thanks,

Shredder

Haha. It was something stupid. I forgot to change the name of the LDAP server to the correct one from the test one. BAH!!!

So That works now. I can see the users, etc.

Problem I have now, is when I set up the Administrative users. It fails on the password.

I don’t get anything in /opt/openfire/logs (ie. no file has changed in there), so I don’t know what is wrong.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Shredder

Has the Server Name changed? (can be found on the Server page of the Openfire Admin Console)

Under Server > System Properties what does the Property Name admin.authorizedJIDs have as the Property Value?

Does the @ part of the admins listed there match the Server Name?

This is from the main setup of the server, so I can’t see the admin.authorizedJIDs property value.

I can see the list of users when I do the test from step 2 of the LDAP setup. I can set an admin user (if I type a name wrong, it does tell me, so I am guessing LDAP lookups are working), but when I test the user with the correct password for that user, it says that the password is wrong.

Thanks,

Shredder

Hmm… This is weird. It works with another account, just not the one I want to use as the admin account.

What I have determined though, is if I change the password of an account in our LDAP system, openfire will authenticate with the old password, not the new one.

I told OpenFire to continue using the different account for admin, but after I login to the console, I get a blank webpage. Trying to reload the page, I still get a blank screen. I restarted the OpenFire service, still a blank screen.

Looking at the nohup.out log file, it seems that some plugins I had loaded in the 3.6.4 version, are either missing or not starting correctly in 3.7. Is there a way I can just remove all plugins from a command line or by editing a file?

Thanks,

Shredder

OK. Turns out it was the Kraken plugin that was screwing me up. I eventually just removed and reinstalled OpenFire.

I have it now connecting properly to my LDAP server. Issue I have is with passwords. It does not seem to be reading the correct field for the password.

Case in point, I have an account that says the password is wrong, but I can login to Windows with that same credentials (Windows uses our LDAP server for authentication).

Another acount, I changed the password, but I OpenFire allows me to authenticate with the old password not the new password.

I am using Samba3 on our LDAP server, so not sure if a field has changed in that that OpenFire is not aware of?

Hope you can help,

Thanks,

Shredder