Openfire 3.9.2 won't start

Openfire server will not start up. I tried killing the service and process and also the PID. Attached is the picture of the error I receive. Any help would be appreciated.

Is it your first install or an update from the older version? Btw, there is 3.9.3 already. You should use this version. Are you sure you don’t have Openfire already running as a service? Then it conflicts with Openfire launched via the launcher.

It is an upgrade. I upgraded to 3.9.3 too. It was already running as a service when I opened the gui. I figured that out that you can open the gui as it’s running as a service. It still doesn’t start though. No users can log into spark and I can log into the admin console. The admin console says my password is wrong and I also tried another admin username and password as well with no luck. I even stop the service and opened the gui and it gets to “Admin console listening at” then it lists my addresses

Al wrote:

I even stop the service and opened the gui and it gets to “Admin console listening at” then it lists my addresses

Then you should press Launch Admin and try to login to.

If you are using LDAP, stop Openfire (service and launcher), edit /openfire/conf/security.xml and remove lines with ldap in them. Then start Openfire again (either via service, or with the launcher).

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.