The Ignite Realtime Community is pleased to announce that Openfire version 3.9.3 is available for download!
Openfire is a real time collaboration (RTC) server licensed under the Open Source Apache license. It uses the only widely adopted open protocol for instant messaging, XMPP (also called Jabber). Openfire is incredibly easy to setup and administer, but offers rock-solid security and performance.
This release corrects the regressions found with the 3.9.2 release, which include:
- [OF-782] - Wrong URL generated for editing groups with space in the names
- [OF-783] - Apply encryption to secure properties during setup (updating openfire backended by LDAP would fail)
- [OF-787] - TLS server to server connections are not working with 3.9.2
- [OF-791] - Joining new MUC room results in a 404 error
- The initial 3.9.2 release had a packaging problem with the windows installer.
A full changelog can be found here.
We’d invite interested developers to fork our github repository and contribute pull requests with your fixes. Ongoing discussions are happening in the community forums about the future of Openfire development. Please join in if you are interested!
Please report bugs with this release in the community forums. Please do not report bugs by commenting on this blog post!
Here are md5sum’s for the released files: