Openfire 4.1.0 bugs

1. Memory Leaks up to 2300 Mb at 198 user accounts, process openfire-service.exe (64 bit Openfire on Windows x64 with Java x64 ).

2. http://{server}:9090/user-summary.jsp views ~30% accounts with users included at all grous present. But if I open that groups, that users at them absent.

In fact user present only at one group, to which I added him.

1. Server CPU Usage seems to be low, about 7-15% of 2 CPU cores XEON E5-2620v2 (virtualized OS environment). But admin Web-console responds very slowly.

Database MS SQL 2016 - 768 Megabytes

Aleksey написал(а):

views ~30% accounts with users included at all grous present. But if I open that groups, that users at them absent.

In fact user present only at one group, to which I added him.

It seems like this on Miranda 0.10 and Хabber 1.0.3 clients

Jitsi 2.8.5426 work well

1. Do you know how to get heap dumps from your Openfire Java process and inspect for which objects are consuming all the space? Do you actually get out of memory errors?

2. I am having a tough time understanding your english, could you kindly explain again?

3. Use a web browser network debugger and see which requests take the longest. Sometimes DNS issues or faulty network is to blame.

Daryl Herzmann написал(а):

1. I am having a tough time understanding your english, could you kindly explain again?

Since upgrade to 4.1.0 each user get roster of his parent group(s) only.

Others shared rosters not available.

We have this same issue.

LDAP Configuration with Shared Groups, users can only see the other users who are in their same group and cannot see other groups/users as they were previously able to.

Clearing the Cache seems to temporarily correct the issue

I continue to struggle to understand what people are writing here. How are these users associated with the ‘other groups/users’ ? Is this via the “Enable contact list group sharing” ? or how?

Daryl Herzmann написал(а):

I continue to struggle to understand what people are writing here. How are these users associated with the ‘other groups/users’ ? Is this via the “Enable contact list group sharing” ? or how?

Yes, that’s right: “Enable contact list group sharing” enabled on other groups.

4.1.1 > 4 of 198 users, all that still have active or go away status (at holidays) - http://{server IP}:9090/user-summary.jsp view as included at ALL (27) groups, that has “Enable contact list group sharing” -> “Share group with additional users” -> “All users”.

If to open these groups in turn, then the user will be only in one of them. In that to which he was added.

On holidays it became more noticeable what occurs.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English. I hope it won’t prevent in analysis of bugs of the OF. Thanks.

And it seems that 4.1.1 has broken compatibility with Openfire on Windows x64 with Java x64 modules again. Service can not be started.

Re: Sorry, it happens only with first start service after update. Second start works normally with x64.

First start after update 4.1.0 -> 4.1.1 must be done with built-in 32 bit JRE.

Do you get any interesting logs during this first startup?

I’m not sure if everyone is talking about the same issue here. I did, however, reproduce an issue related to “contact list sharing” of Shared Groups. I have created this ticket in our issue tracker for that problem: [OF-1263] Contact List sharing shows stale data - IgniteRealtime JIRA

I have now committed a fix for this issue. I cannot, however, find a recent code change that causes this problem. As far as I can tell, this problem was introduced in 3.8.0. Can anyone confirm or refute this?

It appears that I was running 4.0.2 since Mach 21st without this issue?

It seems to me too, that at 4.0x this mistake wasn’t. Lists of users were as it should be

When to wait for 4.1.2? The bug irritates a little nevertheless

You can try the nightly build with this fix here https://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/artifact/OPENFIRE-NIGHTLYWINDOWS/shared/build- 2341/Project-Windows-distribution-files/…

Rest platforms here Openfire: Project summary - IgniteRealtime Bamboo