Openfire 4.2.0 Login failed: make sure your username and password are correct and that you're an admin

Hello. new here. just updated to 4.2.0. now i can’t login to admin console. says, “Login failed: make sure your username and password are correct and that you’re an admin.” Please help.

1 Like

Greetings,

You have provided near no information to allow others to help you. I assume you are on windows and that you attempted to upgrade from a previous version? Did you change arch from 32 to 64bit with the upgrade? Did you try running the install as admin to get around potential UAC issues? Did you look at any of the Openfire logs/ files to look for clues?

Sorry about that. I’m new here. Yes, I’m using windows server 2008 R2 32 bit. And installed Openfire 4.2.0 32 bit JRE version. And yes I ran the installer as Administrator. Was that a mistake?

I can use the admin account to login to spark with the same password.

I had the same issue when trying to install 4.2. beta… but no one listen to me… better to stay away from 4.2

I already was in 4.1.6 x64. I made the upgrade to 4.2 beta and got the admin login problem. I also had no problem with the clients login in spark, but the history chat was erased.
I’m on Windows Server 2008 x64

Going to try to install 4.2 final to see what it happens.

Please see if you are impacted by this issue

Just try to install 4.2 final and got the exact same issues on 4.2. beta…

Does the workaround not work for you?