Openfire 4.2.0 Login Issues? Check your database schema

are you able to log in on https://server:9091 , you may be hitting OF-1331, otherwise, please start a new thread on this forum

With so many problems on 4.2, why don’t u guys release a hot fix or something like that?!

Unsure what to tell you, somebody has to fix the issues first. No magic happening here, volunteers doing actual work. Do you have some patches to share?

no, I don’t code, but if so many people has problems, at least halt the release…

If a patch is even doable. You will have to accommodate to every possible starting scenario (upgrading from version x, then do y, from version z, then do w, etc.). Such hotfix will become a messy hack.

I already have a PR for review that should resolve this issue. https://github.com/igniterealtime/Openfire/pull/951

1 Like

Hi.

After updating the server (from 4.1.6 to 4.2.0 and then to 4.2.1) the clients (Spark 2.8.3.960) can’t connect to the server.

Hi.

¿Can We go back to the OpenFire 4.1.6 without restoring a backup copy?

Thanx

should be able to, but I suspect we can fix your 4.2.1 issue and make it work. Did openfire fully stop prior to upgrading it?

Hi akrherz.

Yeah. I always stop the service before upgrading.

Thank you.

Are you able to access the Openfire Admin Console?

Hi akrherz.

Yeah. I can access the Admin Console.

Thank you.

if you want to zip up your openfire logs/ folder and email them to me, I can have a look to see what’s up. akrherz@iastate.edu

Hi akrherz

Done.

Thank you.

lots of errors logged, like

2017.12.08 21:29:29 ERROR [pool-4-thread-1]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginMonitor - An unexpected exception occurred:
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException: Plugin could not be located: clustering
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192)
	at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginMonitor$MonitorTask.run(PluginMonitor.java:310)

Is this actually a cluster? Did you download updated plugins or are you running updated plugins in an older openfire?

Hi.

I don’t have a cluster installation. I don’t remember when was the last time I updated the plugins.

Thanks.

can you provide ls -l output for your plugins folder? On the admin console, can you view installed plugins and attempt to update any that need it?

1 Like

There are 5 available plugin updates but when I click the update icon/button nothing happens.

I would suggest moving all those files from 2016 out of that folder and restarting Openfire. Then see what happens

1 Like