Openfire Admin Console Error

I’ve been working with openfire to get it ready to deploy and I’ve now run into an issue I can’t find any information on. I’m new to this, I don’t understand a lot of it, so I apologize if I have to ask for further clarification. I’ve looked through the boards and cannot find what I am looking for.

The only thing that I can think of that I would have done to cause this, is that I accidentally deleted the index.html file from the /opt/openfire directory. I’ve recreated it down to the users and permissions from my text box, but everytime i try to go to mysite.com:9090 I’m getting the error

HTTP ERROR 404

Problem accessing /index.jsp. Reason:

/index.jsp

which index.jsp is referenced in the html file and I can't find it. I think it is in one of the jar files in /opt/openfire/lib directory, but I have no idea how that works.

also, If i try to access the console through port 9091, I'm just getting a blank screen.

Thanks for reading. any advice, requests for more information or links to something I missed would be appreciated!

In case anyone else runs into this problem, I figured out the resolution (of course I did, since i posted that i needed help)

somehow my web.xml file (/opt/openfire/plugins/admin/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml) went from many many lines to 5 lines that didn’t match anything else. I copied the file from my test box onto my soon-to-be-production server and voila! I have an admin console again!