Openfire 'Admin' user resets automatically after reboot

Hi there,

**Issue: **

Openfire admin account automatically resets it’s password after the server has rebooted. After reboot i can’t authenticate with the admin account via the Openfire web console.

**Background: **

I have migrated across a old existing Openfire database (embedded-db) to a new Openfire server (v4.1.3) and the existing admin account credentials work successfully upon completing the migration to the new server however when i reboot the server then i can no longer authenticate with the existing admin credentials. Can you please help me with this?

Error Message (after reboot via web console): Login failed: make sure your username and password are correct and that you’re an admin or moderator.

When observing the database before and after reboot it looks identical. Like nothing has changed… Even the encryptedPassword field is exactly the same on the admin user within the table.

I have checked the error.log file and found nothing.

Attached is the ‘debug.log’ file of before and after the reboot occurred with the new Openfire server.

Server Configuration:

AMI: Bitnami Openfire v4.1.3

EC2 Amazon Instance.

Database migration: mysqldump old embedded (HSQLDB) to new Openfire server

Java version "1.8.0_12”

JDK (8u121) January 17, 2017.

Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_121-b13)

Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.121-b13, mixed mode)
debug.log.zip (22362 Bytes)

Have you restored the ‘resources’ directory from your old Openfire instance into your new one? That directory contains important files that you want to migrate over.