Openfire can support many Server to Server?

Do you know if is there a configuration file on openfire directory where is possible to change the ports of openfire?

What I want to do is this:

launch server 1, change all ports;

launch server 2 and using the defaults ports.

I think that launching server 2, I won’t have conflict with server 1 because before I have changed ports of server 1.

Is it possible idea?

Thank you.

This used to be controled in part by the openfire.xml file, but now this is all done int eh web admin site.

I changed the port in this file openfire.xml (9090 to 90900) but then che control panel don’t start now…

If I re-change the port 90900 to 9090 the control panel starts…

I do not believe that is a valid port. Try 10090.

It’s started!!

Why port 90900 is not valid and 10090 yes?

What is the range of port valid?

thanks!!

Vaild range is 1 - 65535 (== 2^16 -1 )

Sorry, didn’t notice that.

Message was edited by: Coolcat

I have done to start 2 openfire server on same machine!!!

one is on port 10090

one is on port 9090

ps. Do you know if is possible change sender port of openfire? (I know that destination port is 5269)

Thank you to all!!!

Do you know if is possible change sender port of openfire?

Never tried it, but found this:

Openfire Properties - Openfire Dev - Ignite Realtime Community Forums => dnsutil.dnsOverride

see also Log in with Atlassian account

If this does not work, maybe its possible to use some external tool (firewall, router) which does reroute the packets from outgoing port XXXXX.

You could also try xmpp.server.socket.port and* xmpp.server.socket.remotePort*

For set sender port, do you think that I must add the property in the :

dnsutil.dnsOverride

with this syntax:

eg: {myserver.com,100.23.34.1:5269}
eg: {myserver.com,100.23.34.1:5269}, {yourserver.com,200.45.2.25:4567}

?

so, I will set:

10.11.9.1, 10.11.9.1:5269 <- for set destination port

10.11.7.1, 10.11.7.1:5270 <- for set sender port

(my domain is same my ip address)

Do you think is it correct?

thank you very much.

Only set s2s-port of the remote server there. Because of JM-711 use no spaces in the string.

I have a problem with the 2 server openfire that are running on same machine.

The server openfire are both running.

Then, I changed client port:

on server1: 5222 to 52221

on server2: 5222 to 52222

So I can do login with 2 different client on their respective server:

client called prova1 is logged on server1 openfire

client called prova2 is logged on server2 openfire

Now, I have done a S2S connection with another server where is logged a client called prova3.

What I want is that prova1 must speak with prova3 AND prova2 must speak with prova3 at the same time.

Instead, the problem is that only prova1 can speak with prova3 OR only prova2 can speak with prova3.

I think that the problem is about Server-toServer Port (5269) because both server can’t listen other server on same port.

What do you think?

thanks

I just don’t think what you are doing is even possible. I really think you should spend $10 on a second ethernet card and be done with it. each install of openfire can have their own DNS entry and IP with no port conflicts. If you want to go to an extreme setup a virtual machine to take care of it.

But I already have 2 ethernet card on this machine.

Their IP are: 10.11.9.1 and 10.11.4.29

server1 is on 10.11.4.29

server2 is on 10.11.9.1

Their client must speak with a client that is logged on another server that has IP 10.11.7.1.

Do you understand my situation?

thank you.

I think that the problem is that both server openfire are on same ethernet card 10.11.9.1;

Do you know how I can do for “install” server1 on ethernet 10.11.4.29 and server2 on ethernet 10.11.9.1?

Now, users prova1 and prova2 are logged because I change the ports of their clients and on their server: 5222 to 52221 and 52222 respectively, but I think that it’s wrong because both users must be logged with same port 5222, because the 2 server openfire must be indipendent (each one is on his ethernet card).

Really?

thanks.

Ok to set each instance to a particular interface edit thier openfire.xml files

I would not mess around with the server listening ports unless you are going to setup SRV records in DNS to resolve to the changed ports as it will be a client support nightmare.

I set it’s so:

server1:

server2:

Do you think is it correct?

Thank you very much.

that should be fine depending on your OS environment. The nics must be unlinked and have priority set in windows so the DNS treats them as independent cards with distiquished entries in DNS. You also can manually set card priority so they always are the right NIC order for the system. The default settings do not guarantee this.

My OS is Fedora and CentOS.

Must I set anything?

thanks!

I doubt it. Windows is down right stupid compared to all other OS.